Dec 16, 2018
What a crazy good 6 months.

Win the A-10 tourney.
Beat Iowa in the dance.
Grace and Goose come back.
We get Quinn, Roche, and Bigelow.
Tyler comes back.
We get Smith, Tanner, and Reed.
Nothing to dispute here. Opportunity seized.

It has been fun to reread this thread as the real question is when is the end of the grading period. Based on all of the above my grade is an A. Not going A+ because the one thing holding back perfection is this year’s schedule.

Reactions: spiderjpo

spider23

Spider's Club
May 31, 2002
Dedmon Center USA
ruhoops.proboards.com
I'm holding back just a little, would like to have another plus athletic guy in this class. We do need to play defense too. Maybe Ball is that guy. Would be thrilled with Durkin too, bit I think Ball checks that box more.

Dec 19, 2014
What a crazy good 6 months.

Win the A-10 tourney.
Beat Iowa in the dance.
Grace and Goose come back.
We get Quinn, Roche, and Bigelow.
Tyler comes back.
We get Smith, Tanner, and Reed.
Agree 100%. All know that I am not a fan of Chris Mooney's coaching ability. But, I must say that program-wise things look very good going forward. This is the most optimistic that I have been regarding Spider basketball in a LONG time. The question remains, is Mooney skilled enough to take the potential (optimism) and turn it into consistent high level success (regular NCAA's) or will he muck it up?

Time will tell. Track record makes me lean toward him mucking it up, however, if that doesn't happen, I'll get off his back and give him credit. An NCAA tournament appearance does wonders for recruiting, and It seems to me that the opportunity is before him.

spiderman

Spider's Club
Jun 7, 2001
An NCAA tournament appearance does wonders for recruiting, and It seems to me that the opportunity is before him.
agreed an NCAA appearance can help recruiting but it didn't pan out last time.
despite our gap in dancing, our recent recruiting the past 6 years or so has been stronger than after 2011.

and this 3 man class looks to be one of our best.

Gospiders06

Team Manager
Jan 25, 2018
Agree 100%. All know that I am not a fan of Chris Mooney's coaching ability. But, I must say that program-wise things look very good going forward. This is the most optimistic that I have been regarding Spider basketball in a LONG time. The question remains, is Mooney skilled enough to take the potential (optimism) and turn it into consistent high level success (regular NCAA's) or will he muck it up?

Time will tell. Track record makes me lean toward him mucking it up, however, if that doesn't happen, I'll get off his back and give him credit. An NCAA tournament appearance does wonders for recruiting, and It seems to me that the opportunity is before him.
After all Mooney is the best ambassador of this university.

Reactions: Spiders4ever

Latest posts