ADVERTISEMENT

New Robins Stadium scoreboard

UR is the definition of a one-trick pony. Don’t knock the only strategy we know and expect to not be black balled.

Applaud the upgrade, but tend to agree with other posters.

If our commitment was to winning championships versus flashy facilities, our national recognition would be much higher. Da folks at the top don't get it.

Reactions: urfan1
I keep asking, but no one seems to know. Why aren’t they putting the old board up at the other end of the stadium. Robins center has 4 boards. We’re talking about a used board, not a brand new one. Just one to help those at that end of the stadium to be able to see it better.
Most stadiums I attend now days have at least two video boards. Admittedly, they have larger crowds. But, maybe it’s
a case of which comes first- chicken or the egg?

I keep asking, but no one seems to know. Why aren’t they putting the old board up at the other end of the stadium. Robins center has 4 boards. We’re talking about a used board, not a brand new one. Just one to help those at that end of the stadium to be able to see it better.
Most stadiums I attend now days have at least two video boards. Admittedly, they have larger crowds. But, maybe it’s
a case of which comes first- chicken or the egg?
Broken record.Reasons have been pointed out repeatedly.

Unless the reason is that Durden is a poor OC, the department materials all have typos or Mooney’s teams can’t rebound I don’t think I’ve seen it either.

oh…is that it? We checked the wrong box when asked “keep” or “toss”?

I’m gonna go with it was 10+ years old, can hardly be seen on day games and barely worked. The company probably wouldn’t even support moving it.

I’m gonna go with it was 10+ years old, can hardly be seen on day games and barely worked. The company probably wouldn’t even support moving it.
Possibly. At least that’s an intelligent response.
It seems they may be able to upgrade the board. While Maryland builds a huge new board (120 ft. Wide) they intend to keeptheir old board on the other end.
Daktronics is a huge company, and I feel certain that they can and will service their boards as long as they are workable.
You can still take your Lexus that’s 12 years old, back to the Lexus dealership for service.

Last edited:
Coincidence that we install a new scoreboard and we get a sellout?! Obviously, this is what people want!

Personally, I plan to stare at the board and ignore the game. Very excited !
LOL, that’s funny. And in some ways agree with your snarky remark.
But, that’s the way things are now days, and not the way they were.

Maybe they would support it. I bet it would cost more to install the power, wiring, support beams and whatever else it would take to move it then the new board they just bought and only had to hang in it’s place. If they wanted a second board it would make more sense to get a new one then have a 10 year old one.

Reactions: whampas
ok 8 leg, sure enough motivation to get my fanny in the the seat. can you confirm for a small fee we can rent a remote and watch the movie channel?

Last edited:
Damnit. Jump on the ball on the backwards pass. Hope the video board has this angle correct.

Refs have missed a targeting call, saftey and decided to call that a backwards pass(This appears to be the correct call in hindsight) Scoreboard is having a rough first day.

Last edited:
I’m sure there are people that disagree and think he should go with the Mooney approach that it’s all the refs fault, CoVid and injuries.

Darcy I believe played with a separated shoulders in a game. Tough as nails.

Refs have missed a targeting call, saftey and decided to call that a backwards pass(This appears to be the correct call in hindsight) Scoreboard is having a rough first day.
Scoreboard showed a handful of scores over and over again, including uva's from 2 days ago

Reactions: Mo 2.0
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT