ADVERTISEMENT

New RichmondSpiders.com Coming July 1

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
http://www.richmondspiders.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26800&ATCLID=211636606

Switching from NeuLion to Sidearm. Should result in a welcome change to a much cleaner layout. Couple examples of other schools that use Sidearm:

http://bceagles.com
http://appstatesports.com
http://monmouthhawks.com

I've also been impressed with the live stats stuff I've seen when we're on the road against schools that use Sidearm.

It appears you have to switch off your ad blocker in order to view the site "uncompromised and interactive". FYI

Two weeks in...thoughts on the new design?

I can't stand it. The main article carousel is absolutely massive and it's the only thing I can see besides the header without scrolling, and I have big displays. So inefficient.

For me, the thing i don't like about the new website is the Richmond Athletics app is no longer working since it was connected to the old site. That app was wonderful. Hope they remake one with the new website

Last edited:
Reactions: spider3309
No bios of the freshman football players yet. We had bios of them when they signed. Hope that this site will be updated and working by the middle of August.

It look nice, but isn't very functional. There doesn't seem to be any links to rosters or schedules, or at least I can't find them.

It looks like crap. Hope they didnt spend much on it. Seems sort of a do-it-yourself job.

Looks fine to me. Everything loading, can navigate pretty easily. But I may not have a lot of discriminate tastes when it comes to web design I don't know. I'm sure there are lot of kinks to work out there always are with a transition to any new platform. And some of the info like bios etc may be SID related not Sidearm. I'm not defending them i don't know the company, just my thoughts after cursory look. I kinda like what they've done with the social media accounts embedded in media wall on main page. Although that doesn't look like a Sidearm technology but a company called Tint that is popular in higher ed for social media integration.

Definitely liked the old website better than the new one. Can anyone link me to the current basketball roster? The new website has only last year's roster....

Would like to know what we are saying about the height and weight of our 7 newcomers (and the returnees too).

New basketball roster isn’t up yet...still being finalized.

Hard to find old stats and the player links are dead.
I must have a different site than you guys! I go right to the roster, click a player and have all their bio stuff and stats. I'm usually not a fan of change, but this works fine for me. I like it.

I agree spiderman -- I have a big screen at work and the website is fresh and looks great. Easy to navigate. However, I did have to disable my pop-up blocker for the site to run / load correctly. I am disappointed in losing the app at this time though, but I suspect that is a fix to occur in the near future before school starts again.

I must have a different site than you guys! I go right to the roster, click a player and have all their bio stuff and stats. I'm usually not a fan of change, but this works fine for me. I like it.
Really? Look up Buck's stats for last season for me under Sports, Roster, his bio, Stats.

I think things are still building. Windows Chrome, Android Chrome, and Apple Safari all look different.

Really? Look up Buck's stats for last season for me under Sports, Roster, his bio, Stats.

I think things are still building. Windows Chrome, Android Chrome, and Apple Safari all look different.
ah. I see what you're saying now!

I am all iPhone, may have something to do with that. I will keep trying.

Am Mac all the way and the site is fine. Just my humble opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT