ADVERTISEMENT

New recruit, Jameel Brown

97spiderfan

Spider's Club
Feb 2, 2005
6'4 shooting guard out of Philly. Offers from Temple, Penn, Iona, St. Peters. VC shows we offered him yesterday.

Reactions: plydogg
Yep, offer was reported late Monday...it's in the recruiting tracker thread.

Getting some high major interest beyond the offers he already has. Invited to a couple of USA Junior National Team minicamps last year.

Looks like a good player. Still early in his recruitment obviously, so will be interesting to see how things develop.

I don't see the Ohio St. and Villanova stuff, but he did get an offer from Purdue today.

I find it hard to get excited about PG targets with Wilson and Nelson on board. Of course I am sure I have been on record saying we always should get the best prospects regardless of who is in front of them. But PG seems to be all recruited up at the moment.

Power/stretch Forward is greatest need now. I will be disappointed if we can't land a good PF prospect. That said, we probably are still in good shape for the following season with Burton sliding over for Cayo - though I prefer his as a wing.

Whelp, we might as well kill this thread.

Also he's from Philly. ;)

If we were hiring on the bball staff or AD dept we could land Jameel but a recruit...nah. I don't think Mooney has gotten anyone from Philly since geriot or robbins, a dozen or so years ago.

Let's work the much better cities.

but we were able to go all Will Wade with Lunardi and make him a strong ass offer.
Not ironically, I saw the Will Wade reference and almost made the same comment. We pay to play is that what you are saying.

Not sure if this is a cut list because it's awfully early for a 2022, but top 5 for Jameel...Penn, Purdue, X, Temple, and Marquette.

Stick a fork in our chances with this one. He’s open to new schools, but comfortable with these five and expects to decide soon.

“These five schools are making me a priority,” he said. “I don't want to go anywhere where I'm not wanted. I feel like all these schools love me, and I just want to go where the love is basically. As of right now I'm just trying to focus on these five but obviously if other schools contact me, I'll be open to listening as well.”

“I have no idea on when I'll make a decision but it definitely won't be long,” he said.

After committing to Purdue back in December, Jameel decommitted in March when his lead contact Shrewsbury took the head job at Penn State. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Jameel announced today that he'll also be headed to Penn State.

There was never any sign we were involved following his decommitment, and even before the original Purdue commitment we seemed to be well out of the picture, but sharing the info here for completeness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT