ADVERTISEMENT

My'Kel Jenkins - 2024 Offer

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
6'6" wing out of Tarboro, NC and Team Loaded, so Spiderdad should have something to say about him. Best offer so far seems to be SLU. Transferred to Woodside in Newport News this year, so he's playing alongside Trevor Smith.

I saw him a couple times last season. He actually was at my wife’s school but like SF said transferred. He was at the game tonight. I did not see him as someone that could be play at this level. But…he’s extremely athletic and to be fair he was coming off an injury if I remember correctly. He was a good defender from what I saw. It was early last season when i saw him so he absolutely could have gotten better. Obviously, I trust the staff if they offered bc they have seen him more than me.

My’kel is such a solid prospect you can’t help but be excited about his upside. He is a high academic student-athlete and a fierce competitor. A winner! He’s a guy who sets the tone on both ends of the floor and you know he’s going to bring it on every possession.

I liked this part of his write up, impressive.

My’kel is such a solid prospect you can’t help but be excited about his upside. He is a high academic student-athlete and a fierce competitor. A winner! He’s a guy who sets the tone on both ends of the floor and you know he’s going to bring it on every possession.

I liked this part of his write up, impressive.
Playing on circuit with Team Loaded Va def helped him bc Tarboro is such a FB school (home of Todd Gurley) the BBall isn’t very good and moving to Va was prob his best move.

Hey guys, I happen to come across this thread when searching Kel. I coached him in travel ball from 7th to 9th grade until Team Loaded came along and grabbed him. He is with Boo Williams this summer. He is a great kid. He didnt really start playing ball until middle school and was so raw so he has a lot of room to grow. He is long with a huge wingspan. His defense is great and he is a great finisher and his body filled out, and he can also handle it well as I had him playing and learning the PG but he is a SF. He works hard and his shooting is improving but like I said he was so raw the improvement over the past 5 years from a kid who didnt even know how to shoot in 7th grade to where he is now is ridiculous. I think he is an A10 player.

Hey guys, I happen to come across this thread when searching Kel. I coached him in travel ball from 7th to 9th grade until Team Loaded came along and grabbed him. He is with Boo Williams this summer. He is a great kid. He didnt really start playing ball until middle school and was so raw so he has a lot of room to grow. He is long with a huge wingspan. His defense is great and he is a great finisher and his body filled out, and he can also handle it well as I had him playing and learning the PG but he is a SF. He works hard and his shooting is improving but like I said he was so raw the improvement over the past 5 years from a kid who didnt even know how to shoot in 7th grade to where he is now is ridiculous. I think he is an A10 player.
Can he play here this fall?

Reactions: urfan1
sman, what if I were to tell you I have video of My'Kel going up to dunk with a dollar bill in his hand, completes the dunk and changes out the dollar for 2 quarters, two dimes, and 6 nickels off the top of the back board?
I would want to see it too.

sman, what if I were to tell you I have video of My'Kel going up to dunk with a dollar bill in his hand, completes the dunk and changes out the dollar for 2 quarters, two dimes, and 6 nickels off the top of the back board?
That sounds like 23 you are talking about?

One of our only 2024 offers still on the board, just picked up a Georgia State offer.

I've been checking in on My'Kel since he's technically our only uncommitted 2024 offer. He posted today that he's still unsigned and is looking for a school next year. I assume we are no longer involved with him but will keep checking in.

Reactions: urfan1
I can't comprehend a guy with offers in his senior year still uncommitted in March. shake someone's hand. what are you holding out for?

My guess is those offers are no longer valid. Spots are filled or there was a red flag that caused schools to pull back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT