ADVERTISEMENT

Mooney interview: Quinn paused w/ broken foot, Burton on pace to return, solid summer for Noyes

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
- Platitudes for Nelson, but no specifics
- Burton has a couple of weeks left in his knee surgery recovery
- Singled out Noyes for taking a step forward this summer
- Happy with cohesion mixing in the new guys
- Quinn is out for 5 weeks with broken bone in his foot
- No confirmation on Clemson game yet, but certainly sounds like it just needs to be signed, and still one more game to add

- No confirmation on Clemson game yet, but certainly sounds like it just needs to be signed, and still one more game to add
SF with the perfect summary. No need to read the article.

Based on this news, I would say the beginning of the season may be on the rougher side versus a well oiled machine. I guess that is the debate on a different thread though…..

I like hearing that about Noyes. I have always felt he is going to be a good one. Before we got the transfers, I was thinking he might even be a starter this year. I had Nelson, Goose, Tyler, Noyes, and Grace as a possible starting 5. With the 3 transfers added, if Noyes is good enough to get some decent minutes this year, that says a lot about his game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section9.RowD
I like hearing that about Noyes. I have always felt he is going to be a good one. Before we got the transfers, I was thinking he might even be a starter this year.
never know.
I know I've been assuming Bigelow is ahead of Noyes, but don't know that for sure. we know he's crazy bouncy and a shooter. that plays if he can defend.

I like that he singled out Noyes. No offense to our other freshman (not named Jason Nelson), but we have a plethora of options at the guard position, the forward position is an area where some more high quality depth could be needed, especially in light of current injury news.

Good to see this refresher article. Think JOC asked the right questions. Neal Quinn news is downer but knock on wood doesn’t sound too bad & hopefully doesn’t linger.

some validation there after 1 poster said we were sleeping on Noyes. Will be interesting to see if that turns into consistent PT.

Great to hear about Noyes. Would love to see him be a solid contributor this year and ready for a big role next year. Hate to hear about a broken foot with a 7 footer. I sure hope it is minor and just a bump in the road. I went from Luke warm on him to him being Luc Longley for us. If he can recover and stay healthy I think he puts us in position for nice things this year. Great to hear Burton on schedule. Hoops season is getting closer and that is exciting, but it is good that we have time for these guys to recover.

So I guess with Quinn injury - maybe safe to assume Grace gets the start, unless Noyes is off the charts between now and first game. Its good to hear about Noyes, but I only see limited minutes for him behind Grace, Quinn, Bigelow, and Burton. But given we have the injury to Quinn - maybe this gives him opportunity early for some minutes to show what he can do as he will definitely be a guy we need next season once Burton and Grace are gone. So maybe he can become a 5-10 minute a night guy depending on matchups and other players performance.

Schedule will determine a lot early. Assume we have cupcakes early - and that might be needed with the injuries, even with Burton recovering some as well.

So I guess with Quinn injury - maybe safe to assume Grace gets the start, unless Noyes is off the charts between now and first game. Its good to hear about Noyes, but I only see limited minutes for him behind Grace, Quinn, Bigelow, and Burton. But given we have the injury to Quinn - maybe this gives him opportunity early for some minutes to show what he can do as he will definitely be a guy we need next season once Burton and Grace are gone. So maybe he can become a 5-10 minute a night guy depending on matchups and other players performance.

Schedule will determine a lot early. Assume we have cupcakes early - and that might be needed with the injuries, even with Burton recovering some as well.
I think Quinn is the starter at the 5, unless this injury is still hampering him in November.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
Great to hear about Noyes. Would love to see him be a solid contributor this year and ready for a big role next year. Hate to hear about a broken foot with a 7 footer. I sure hope it is minor and just a bump in the road. I went from Luke warm on him to him being Luc Longley for us. If he can recover and stay healthy I think he puts us in position for nice things this year. Great to hear Burton on schedule. Hoops season is getting closer and that is exciting, but it is good that we have time for these guys to recover.
I really think Neal will be ready.

maybe Burton being out with the knee allowed Noyes to show a little.
now Walz gets more of a look in pickup games and small group workouts against Grace until Quinn is back.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
agreed. the injuries aren't serious and recovery will be quick.
and while we have new faces, we're far from young.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT