ADVERTISEMENT

Monmouth to CAA

A&T JOINS COLONIAL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION ON UNANIMOUS VOTE​

N.C. A&T announces intention to join CAA, which has not confirmed the move

Last edited:
I would not be surprised to see A&T and Monmouth both regularly at the top in a few years

Do you consider NC A & T as being a subpar program ? That‘s wrong.
Yes I consider Hampton, A&T and Monmouth as inferior programs. A&T and Monmouth have both been great in their leagues recently but that’s it. Remember even when A&T was having an unbelievable season they got in the playoffs and were smacked by a short handed UR team.

Haven't heard anything about Howard...are they out now? They were being talked about alongside A&T and are a natural rival for Hampton, but that would make 15 football schools. A&T says CAA Football is going to North and South divisions, so an even 14 seems more logical.

It doesn't solve the previous big problem with divisions in that the logical way to do it splits UD and Nova, and they're really against that.

Yes I consider Hampton, A&T and Monmouth as inferior programs. A&T and Monmouth have both been great in their leagues recently but that’s it. Remember even when A&T was having an unbelievable season they got in the playoffs and were smacked by a short handed UR team.
Only time will prove you wrong.

Can't even remember how many times I/my family drove past MSM on my way to UR/home from UR. We drove through campus several times, it's very pretty.

US 15 is a corridor of colleges. MSM, Gettysburg, Bucknell, Susquehannah, Lycoming, Mansfield State, all before reaching the NYS line at Painted Post.

Can't even remember how many times I/my family drove past MSM on my way to UR/home from UR. We drove through campus several times, it's very pretty.

US 15 is a corridor of colleges. MSM, Gettysburg, Bucknell, Susquehannah, Lycoming, Mansfield State, all before reaching the NYS line at Painted Post.

Jim Phelan,the humble long time,bow-tied basketball coach on the Mount,gave the little Catholic school its national exposure with 49 year tenure and 830 wins.

Reactions: AnnapSpider
Jim Phelan,the humble long time,bow-tied basketball coach on the Mount,gave the little Catholic school its national exposure with 49 year tenure and 830 wins.
He was admired by a lot of top tier coaches. I’m remember Gary Williams talking about how much respect
he had for him.

Reactions: urfan1
With Pac10 members USC and UCLA likely headed to B10 in 2024,there could be some out west shift from FCS to BCS by the likes of the NDSU /SDSU/Montana State

Last edited:
can’t wait to see the hot take on JMU nation for how they are about to get a PAC10 invite 🤣🤣🤣

CAA WELCOMES HAMPTON, MONMOUTH, NORTH CAROLINA A&T AND STONY BROOK AS NEWEST MEMBERS​

Next week, the CAA will take a closer look at all four new members with information on each institution, links to social media accounts, and an interview with each school’s athletics director.

Tuesday, July 5 – Hampton University
Wednesday, July 6 – Monmouth University
Thursday, July 7 – North Carolina A&T State University
Friday, July 8 – Stony Brook University

Are conferences as necessary as they used to be? Other than for scheduling games, I’m beginning to wonder.
Especially in the P-5 , teams are playing a lot of games outside of their conferences, but not necessarily for a win.

CAA Football’s membership will expand to 15 in 2023 with the addition of Campbell. They join University at Albany (Albany, N.Y.), University of Delaware (Newark, Del.), Elon University (Elon, N.C.), Hampton University (Hampton, Va.), University of Maine (Orono, Maine), Monmouth University (West Long Branch, N.J.), University of New Hampshire (Durham, N.H.), North Carolina A&T State University (Greensboro, N.C.), University of Rhode Island (Kingston, R.I.), University of Richmond (Richmond, Va.), Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, N.Y.), Towson University (Towson, Md.), Villanova University (Villanova, Pa.) and William & Mary (Williamsburg, Va.).

Last edited:
Ya I don’t like adding Campbell. We’ve added 3 big south teams recently and a couple Meac. We need to leave the CAA for the SoCon before it becomes the big south or meac.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT