Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
MERCER 9 NO. 14 RICHMOND 12

BOX:

http://mercerbears.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3783&path=mlax

Postgame:

http://www.richmondspiders.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=6057832

LSM Brendan Hynes was outstanding for the Spiders with his second multi-goal game of his career, as well as his third game this year with five or more caused turnovers. He also chipped in a team-high seven ground balls on the afternoon.An exceptional day for Brendan.

Peter Moran won 60% of the faceoffs.A key to the W.

Benny Pugh had 14 saves on the day for a 61% save.

Photos:

https://spiderathletics.exposure.co...=928810&SPID=158808&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=26800

RECORDS UPDATE:
  • Mercer: 4-6, 1-3 SoCon
  • Richmond: 9-2, 4-0 SoCon
UP NEXT:
  • Richmond: At Bellarmine on Saturday, April 15 at 1 p.m.

----Other Scores today-------------------------

Furman(5-6,4-0)beat Air Force(7-5,3-1),8-7
http://www.insidelacrosse.com/game/29/17

Bellarmine(3-7,2-2)beat High Point(3-8,1-3),7-5 http://www.insidelacrosse.com/game/515/17

Furman,UR remain undefeated in SoCon.UR has Bellarmine and AF as consecutive weekend away matches and finish up by hosting Furman before the SoCon tourney.

SOCON STANDINGS:

Team W L
Richmond (9-2) 4 0
Furman (5-6) 4 0
Air Force (7-5) 3 1
Bellarmine (3-7) 2 2
Mercer (4-6) 1 3
High Point (3-8) 1 3
Jacksonville (1-9) 1 3
VMI (2-8) 0 4

Last edited:
NLWRQOMTUALHYCM.20170406164737.jpg

Photo Courtesy : Richmond Athletics

Pugh, Hatfield Sweep SoCon Monthly Awards
Courtesy: Richmond Athletics
Release: 04/06/2017

SPARTANBURG, S.C. – Winners of eight of its first 10 games, the University of Richmond men’s lacrosse team has received contributions from up and down its roster this spring.

Two of the Spider stars were honored on Thursday when senior goalie Benny Pugh and sophomore attackman Teddy Hatfield swept the Southern Conference Defensive and Offensive Player of the Month awards for their outstanding play in the month of March.

Pugh has won the SoCon Defensive Player of the Week award four times this spring and currently leads the country in goals against average (5.47) and save percentage (.697).

In March, the Powhatan, Va. native helped Richmond to a 4-1 record with a save percentage of .702 in over 280 minutes of action.

Hatfield led Richmond’s offense, tallying 21 points in five games, including two hat tricks. He also tied a program record, which he set earlier this year, with eight points (four points and four goals at High Point).

Richmond returns to action this Saturday when they host the Bears of Mercer University. Game time at Robins Stadium is set for 1 p.m.

I may actually be able to stop the game on Saturday...making one of my rare trips up to campus this weekend. Will have two little guys in tow, however, and their attention span for sports isn't the greatest.

I may actually be able to stop the game on Saturday...making one of my rare trips up to campus this weekend. Will have two little guys in tow, however, and their attention span for sports isn't the greatest.

Tomorrow is my favorite kind of day at UR and a perfect one for small kids. Start at lacrosse. When they get bored in 5 minutes, run them around Leasing Plaza. Still get a good view of the game over there. Head to baseball. Wall thru Robins Center and see if any basketball players working out. If not, run the kids on the court. Go to baseball. Take in an inning or two while the kids feast on a snack from the snack bar. Head back up to Lacrosse. Walk through the Robins Center. Rinse. Repeat.

You'll spend 20 bucks on concessions, get some good exercise walking, take in some good sports and the kids will be ready for a nap when it's done.

Hope to see you on the trail tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, we'll see how much time we have and what else the kids want to do. It's swim alumni day, so there's a meet in the morning and brunch with the team at D-Hall. Will want to make sure the kids get their energy out before the trip back to Raleigh.

If anybody spots a guy wandering around with 8 and 5 year old boys, the older one with a ridiculous mop of curly blond hair, it's likely me. Say hi. :)

Reactions: MolivaManiac
This could be a trap game. I hope we can forget about UVa and be ready to play.

Richmond's man up offense is woeful. It cost them the game against uva and hurt them today. I thought we were very sloppy and careless in our play today but fortunately had enough for Mercer.

Yeah, we'll see how much time we have and what else the kids want to do. It's swim alumni day, so there's a meet in the morning and brunch with the team at D-Hall. Will want to make sure the kids get their energy out before the trip back to Raleigh.

If anybody spots a guy wandering around with 8 and 5 year old boys, the older one with a ridiculous mop of curly blond hair, it's likely me. Say hi. :)

My radar was up for the curly mop. No luck. Two wins, a visit from the Henrico fire truck and a slight sun burn. Not a bad day.

Reactions: urfan1
My radar was up for the curly mop. No luck. Two wins, a visit from the Henrico fire truck and a slight sun burn. Not a bad day.
We ended up only catching the last five minutes of the lax game...grabbed a bench in 203 to watch the clock run out.

Also caught a little of the baseball game, but spent more time chasing geese and ducks behind the Pitt.

Dragged the kids all over campus for almost six miles today...great weather and they had a good time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT