ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Grace

Sep 9, 2021
Love his game and love even more how much he improved over past three years.

Mooney still a terrible coach and doesn’t even know who to play. I’ll try to help:

Dji
Goose (Randolph first off bench)
Burton
Bigelow (Roche next off bench with Burton moving to the 4)
Grace (Quinn only coming in for quick breaks and to rest MFG)

According to the Great One, Dick Tarrant, confidence is very important for a college basketball player. Matt Grace has shown a lot of confidence this year. He has really grown and been a good team player.
I will give you this. I was glad to see Matt do something positive on the floor for most of the game. It’s rare

I will give you this. I was glad to see Matt do something positive on the floor for most of the game. It’s rare
Unfortunately, what's not rare is your constant attack on individual players. You seem to take great joy when an individual player you have targeted has a poor game so you can pile on. And you love to make in-game comments on how bad a play was. Mooney is fair game but your harsh non- constructive criticism of some of the players is weak and pathetic. And it goes back as far as Davis and Taylor, 2 good kids who tried hard but were constantly berated by you. As frustrated as we have been at times with our basketball program, I hope the majority of the posters on here agree that attacks on individual players are unacceptable. Grace had a great game and won the game for us and all you can offer is a snide backhanded compliment while posting in-game that he shouldn't be playing more than 10 minutes. Congratulations on being wrong!!

Don't forget noodle-arm Lauletta. If you guys haven't caught on to the shtick yet, you're taking the message board too seriously. Its kind of like the drunk uncle yelling in the corner at Thanksgiving, better off ignoring it.

Reactions: spider3309
Don't forget noodle-arm Lauletta. If you guys haven't caught on to the shtick yet, you're taking the message board too seriously. Its kind of like the drunk uncle yelling in the corner at Thanksgiving, better off ignoring it.
Where is Kyle playing? Why?

Unfortunately, what's not rare is your constant attack on individual players. You seem to take great joy when an individual player you have targeted has a poor game so you can pile on. And you love to make in-game comments on how bad a play was. Mooney is fair game but your harsh non- constructive criticism of some of the players is weak and pathetic. And it goes back as far as Davis and Taylor, 2 good kids who tried hard but were constantly berated by you. As frustrated as we have been at times with our basketball program, I hope the majority of the posters on here agree that attacks on individual players are unacceptable. Grace had a great game and won the game for us and all you can offer is a snide backhanded compliment while posting in-game that he shouldn't be playing more than 10 minutes. Congratulations on being wrong!!
Grace has had 3 good games. He should get a banner for sure.

Matt played great for the 4th time in 5 years. I will pay for his number to be retired. Truly, I am happy for Matt.
Since Matt has an internship to help manage the UR endowment, VP Will McLean who leads the endowment fund encourages you to make a donation in MFG’s honor.

Reactions: SpiderK
Grace has played great. He is doing everything he can to step up and put the team on his back. I LOVED that wave off and taking his guy 1:1. He is balling. I have been critical of Grace at times. To be honest, If I recall - we were his only D1 offer? And coming in, he did not look like he had the physical ability to contribute in the A10. He is over acheiving like crazy, and like last season, he is raising to the occasion. No problem with MFG, yes sometimes wish he were more athletic, but again not his fault. Great job by Grace.

MFG was great. I have a lot of confidence in him offensively, even in a game he's struggling. Think he can pick it up a little defensively. Best lineup we never get to see is Goose at PG - played 46 mins last night w 0 turnovers & handled ball plenty - so he can handle it. I'll be told I'm playing favorites or something but all I want is us to do well. With Roche, Burton, Bigs, and Grace. Will keep calling for it until I see it. It's just 1 combo but it needs run.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT