M&W Tennis

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
Interesting...Barrick will now be director of tennis in charge of both programs, with Jacob and Emily Dunbar as associate head coaches for both programs. Looks like Wesselink will be sticking around as a volunteer assistant coach for the women, while former Randolph Macon player Grant Sarver has been brought on as an assistant for the men.

Reactions: urfan1

Ferrum Spider

Team Manager
Feb 17, 2010
More than a few schools have been doing this format with having a director of tennis. I don't think it will do much for the men's program until they get more scholarships, but I think this is a step in the right direction for the women's team. I like Barrick as a coach. Though I could of sworn Grant was coaching for the men's team this past season as an assistant?

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
You're right...Sarver, was this past year (and maybe the previous year too?), and looks like he's gone. I don't follow tennis closely enough.

They've updated the site since I first posted to remove him from the 2022–23 staff listing.

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
So let me get this straight-We have a Coach that coaches the coaches.Is that how it works.Maybe CM will eventually become Director of UR basketball for Mens and Womens.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Eight Legger

Latest posts