ADVERTISEMENT

Lauletta Update

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

This preseason report on the Browns QB position mentions KL going to preseason camp as the Browns 3rd QB behind Mayfield and Keenum. The mention of Lauletta is at roughly the 1:45 mark in the video.

As a long suffering Browns fan I'm still enjoying the memories of the Browns renaissance in 2020, it was even more fun knowing KL was part of it on the practice squad.

I have no idea how long Kyle is willing to work trying to break through in the NFL, but being around Stefanski and Van Pelt in Cleveland might help his chances somewhere down the road.

Good luck Kyle!

Go Spiders!

Browns HC Kevin Stafanski says Baker Mayfield will sit out Saturday's exhibition opener.

Veteran back up Case Keenum will get the start against the Jaguars with Kyle Lauletta following him. KL should get significant time as Keenum is a well known NFL veteran.

Good luck Kyle.

Go Browns! Go Spiders!

best I can recall seeing KL look since he became a pro...

KL highlights begin at 3:10 on highlight reel...

Go Spiders!

Go Spiders!

Go Spiders!
Kyle played well. Showed good arm strength when needed and good judgment. The Cleveland press was all over Keenum, bur gave Kyle credit for a solid showing. Kyle did a good job of moving the offense and chewing up clock. Last TD was on drive that started at the Cleveland 11-yard line. I hope he sticks on the roster.

Reactions: urfan1
Cleveland Passing
K. LaulettaC. Keenum
C/ATTYDSTDINTRTG
14/231520080.5
9/12741183.3

i
Cleveland Rushing
CARYDSAVGTDLONG
D. Johnson4369.0018
J. Kelly9586.4118
K. Lauletta23316.5032
D. Felton8253.109
J. Natson11212.0012
TEAM251636.51

Last edited:
Reactions: spiderdukes
He didn’t have a great game last night. Missed several wide open throws and even a few of the catches were thanks to his receivers bailing him out. The first INT wasn’t really his fault…hit from the blind side as he threw. The second one was a bad overthrow though.

The TD was a nicely thrown ball. The receiver probably missed scraping his second foot on his way out of bounds, but the replay center decided not to bother overturning it.

Reactions: urfan1
Worst of the three games by far but still not bad. The 4th down throw to sideline was well done as well
as TD back shoulder. He showed enough ability in all three games.

Lauletta cut by the Browns. Likely to end up on a practice squad somewhere.

sorry to see that, hopefully will get picked up by someone weak at QB position so he will have better chance of making the team

Wonder if he would have been signed if the NFL would have moved the game earlier. Crazy. Guess good for Kyle that he’ll get 3 game checks.

Lauletta was waived by the Browns on Tuesday.

Lauletta joined the Browns on Dec. 17 while Baker Mayfield and Case Keenum were in COVID protocols. While Mayfield (shoulder) will be out for Week 18, Keenum is healthy now, as is Nick Mullens, and they both are ahead of Lauletta on the quarterback positional depth chart

Hope the kid can sign on somewhere for a shot next year.

I think he's used up his practice squad years. If he's to play next year he will have to make a roster somewhere.

Someone might use him as one of their six players listed in these rules.

Who is eligible to be signed to the practice squad?

In short, anybody. Doesn’t matter if you’re a rookie or a 10-year veteran. You can be signed to the practice squad.

To be more specific, teams have a certain amount of practice squad spots available to certain types of players. Here’s the breakdown:

• Up to six practice squad spots can be used on players with unlimited experience in the NFL
  • The remaining spots are filled with players having less than two accrued seasons

Reactions: SpiderRick
LOL a law school classmate was Terry's roommate. Terry could never be confused with smart, but was always funny.

LOL a law school classmate was Terry's roommate. Terry could never be confused with smart, but was always funny.

The famous quote from Hollywood Henderson b4 a Cowboys Steelers SB was...

Bradshaw's so dumb he couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the 'c' and the 'a

But Terry got the last laugh in the game.

Starting tonight for Pittsburg Maulers, televised on FoxSports1.
Never mind, rainout...

One of first picks in draft and barely plays. RB gets cut for not wanting to eat chicken salad. Coach and the league seems like a complete joke.

Playing every game in Birmingham is a sure-fire way to announce that you are a joke of a league.

Playing every game in Birmingham is a sure-fire way to announce that you are a joke of a league.
Or, it's a way to dramatically cut expenses in a time when spectator sports are still being negatively impacted by Covid, and a move that will enable the league to survive its first year and then move ahead to year 2 on much firmer financial ground.

IMHO, their biggest mistake is putting franchises in cities that already have pro football. They'd be better off targeting the next-tier down cities, like Richmond, Des Moines, Salt Lake City, Loiusville, etc., that don't have an existing NFL franchise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT