ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Atkinson to the Hornets

Yeah, very sudden turn of events. Something big changed, and that makes a ton of sense. Kerr's still young, but with his back issues and everything he's already achieved, can certainly see him looking toward hanging it up.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Charlotte has never been even in the finals of the NBA . (I’m not a fan,
so I could be mistaken.). So, my thinking is that it is not an ideal situation for a Head Coach, if the owners
are always meddling.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Charlotte has never been even in the finals of the NBA . (I’m not a fan,
so I could be mistaken.). So, my thinking is that it is not an ideal situation for a Head Coach, if the owners
are always meddling.
I don't think they have ever advanced by the conference semis.

are always meddling.

They came within one win of reaching the Eastern Conference finals once, that is the furthest the franchise has ever made it in the playoffs.

It was a smart move by Kenny--you're head coach in Charlotte for probably 3 years and then you'd be gone since they won't go anywhere as a team. Jordan running that team has not been a productive thing.

Yes, seems like he is in about as good a spot as an assistant can be. I'm sure his wife probably enjoys the bay area. Sounds like the kids like it. I thought Charlotte was a good spot with young roster on the upswing. Probably a good lifestyle decision. He would be on the hot seat pretty quickly in Charlotte if he did not have immediate results. I think he would have been successful but he is in a great position in GS and will probably have more opportunities to his liking in coming years.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT