ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Game Observations

Had a busy day at work today so I am just now catching up on all of the posts.

I was very impressed with our defense yesterday, felt like we had control of most of the game except that one stretch where they had 11 in a row.

I was less impressed with our offense--got good looks but wow if shots had fallen we could have won by double digits.

We will need Grant's offense to return tomorrow.
Completely agree. We need Grant tomorrow to score 20.

Reactions: SpiderK
Grant missed a lot of easy open shots in this game. 2-11. I would be very happy with 6-11 from Grant and no 3 attempts. Not sure how close you guys sit to the floor at RC, but Golden, Gilyard and Burton do a lot of talking. 😊

Reactions: whampas
Couldn't remember the thread it was on, but one was debating the number of viewers or eyes on our Iowa game vs Providence game. Don't know about the Providence game, but looks like a ton of viewers for the Iowa game:

Again, hoping the amount of free exposure for the program and school is hitting home with Hardt and admin. I know it seems obvious but I can't help recall the interview in which Hardt talked in wonderment about VCU's practice facility and how it opened his eyes to the value.

Reactions: SpiderK and plydogg
Couldn't remember the thread it was on, but one was debating the number of viewers or eyes on our Iowa game vs Providence game. Don't know about the Providence game, but looks like a ton of viewers for the Iowa game:

Again, hoping the amount of free exposure for the program and school is hitting home with Hardt and admin. I know it seems obvious but I can't help recall the interview in which Hardt talked in wonderment about VCU's practice facility and how it opened his eyes to the value.

thx guys. That was me and K. I was telling K not to automatically think Sat was higher than thurs & those results would prove that theory out to be true.

However, I am surprised if TRU > TBS/TNT > CBS...
I would expect the reverse.

9 out of 10???? That's hilarious. Their last lead against us was 39-38, and their biggest leads all game were 4 in the 1st half and 5 in the 2nd. They only led us for about 2 1/2 minutes of the 2nd half. What a garbage comment. And, nice 0 points in 23 minutes that game, dude. Hey, maybe if you played us 10 times, you would score........0 points.

What was the ? I must have missed it or forgotten
very x-rated - as the story goes with a straight face, he asked the heckling fan who at some level I think was making fun of Gilly's height - Are you a virgin? As classic as his we can dance line imo. Someone on the board heard it live so if I got the details wrong let me know.

Delusional statement, but, that Iowa team would likely beat that UR team at least 7-10 times. Yeah, Spiders got on a roll, yeah, it was a terrific NCAA win that all Spider fans enjoyed. But, when you look at the body of work for the season, it isn't realistic to think that Richmond was the better team like some on here are implying.

Richmond won when it counted, so they were the better team on the day it mattered. You definitely are not a homer.

Delusional statement, but, that Iowa team would likely beat that UR team at least 7-10 times. Yeah, Spiders got on a roll, yeah, it was a terrific NCAA win that all Spider fans enjoyed. But, when you look at the body of work for the season, it isn't realistic to think that Richmond was the better team like some on here are implying.
Homer it is how you are playing at end of the season that counts, not the beginning.

Homer it is how you are playing at end of the season that counts, not the beginning.
Are we counting how Richmond played at the end of the season against Iowa or Providence?

Yes, UR was better than Iowa for that 1-game, that is what makes the NCAA tournament so great. But, if Iowa played the Richmond team that was beat up by Providence 1-game later, Iowa wins easily.

I watch a lot of basketball and enjoy when a team is getting outplayed most of the game and they somehow have enough grit at the end to steal a victory.

That was not the case in the Richmond / Iowa game. Our boys looked like the better team the entire night. I would argue the opposite: Richmond beats that Iowa team 7 out of 10 times.

I believe we saw the team live up to its potential the final weeks, which was not true most of the season.

Are we counting how Richmond played at the end of the season against Iowa or Providence?

Yes, UR was better than Iowa for that 1-game, that is what makes the NCAA tournament so great. But, if Iowa played the Richmond team that was beat up by Providence 1-game later, Iowa wins easily.
I am counting the A10 tournament and games leading to it. The Friars were not that much better than us in reality. We just could not hit the broad side of a barn. We had been leaning on Gillys hot hand and he finally cooled off.

And none of us are so stupid as to say we'd beat them nine times if we played 10 times. Connor needs to quit drinking ethanol.
Maybe Connor and Homer can debate together about whether Iowa would beat us 7 out of 10 or 9 out of 10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT