ADVERTISEMENT

Horace Simmons - 2023 Offer

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
Posted about this guy in the recruiting thread last week because we were checking him out and expressing interest, and now we’ve offered.

6'6" wing out of La Salle in the Philly Catholic League. Marquette a few months ago is probably his best other offer. Also St. Joe’s, Penn, Albany, Drexel.

A versatile wing, Simmons is a dead-eye 3-point shooter, making better than 50% from beyond the arc as a sophomore. He's got a great basketball IQ, with a strong feel for when to shoot, pass and dribble, rarely if ever forcing the action and playing within both his HS and AAU system. Also a strong defender, capable of defending four positions, and puts in a lot of effort on that end of the floor. (Last updated: 4/28/2021)

Haven’t seen much activity with Simmons, but he picked up a Towson offer…

Simmons has committed to Drexel. As mentioned previously, had not seen any discussion of UR being involved for quite some time.

Dumb question, but who does all the art work for these recruits when they post on Twitter? This isn’t the best one I’ve seen, but still has him in the Drexel uniform with additional graphics. Are these kids just better with technology?

Yeah, guys like 336edits do a lot of these.

Pretty much every school now takes photos of guys in the team jersey when they're on visits now, so that's one easy way to a generate a starting point for these. But sometimes they're photoshopped.

Not a dumb question at all. Lots of times, the schools will do stuff for them or someone in their network can put something together. There's a cottage industry of doing these.
Having just experienced this with someone I know. The college puts it together and the kid can not post on social media until the college puts the graphic together. Might not be the same for all schools though.

Having just experienced this with someone I know. The college puts it together and the kid can not post on social media until the college puts the graphic together. Might not be the same for all schools though.
yeah, I would think the school would do this now. a few years back, a kid in my town commited and his AAU coach created the graphic! didn't look quite as professional as Horace's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT