ADVERTISEMENT

Hardt on Bob’s show Wednesday

Per the RTD article, this is a five week injury, which would make the timeline Sept. 29 for recovery. Trap, if you wake up on Sept. 30th and don't see any reports of Quinn working out with no foot pain - please pull every fire alarm in the building and run out in the streets screaming "FIRE!!". I will do the same where I am.

Still like our odds against VMI even without him so target Nov 11 for a return and that gives us some time to make sure the foot is ready for the vigors of a full season.

Reactions: spider23
We have good depth this year to weather an inevitable injury. We just have to hope that one of those injuries is not to one of our key players. I think the only 2 players that would be really bad to lose to are Quinn and Burton. Other guys would hurt as well, but we have depth.

I would say Nelson after Tyler is the guy we can't afford to have injured.

He's been out of the boot apparently. I take that as progression. I think he'll be ready, larger concern to me is chance of reinjury with foots.
I just thought since they reported the injury, they would provide an update - especially if things were progressing well.

I agree - concern with foot injuries and 7 footer in the same sentence. But I will take this as good news if he is out of the boot and moving along on the timetable as projected.

For all you Crabtree might be back next year guys out there, this is yet another time Mooney mentions Crabtree coming back this year with Grace and Goose.

For all you Crabtree might be back next year guys out there, this is yet another time Mooney mentions Crabtree coming back this year with Grace and Goose.
it seems like Durkin is the only guy we're still talking to in 2023 though. we're not going about it like we really have an opening to fill.

like if we don't get Durkin, we're probably waiting on end of year confirmation and if Crabtree (or someone else) leaves we'll hit the portal.

It's always been strange whenever Mooney has spun it as if Crabtree is using a COVID year for this upcoming season. He's eligible to return even without that.

I get that he already walked at graduation due to the transfer redshirt year, but the guy has still only played two full seasons plus a handful of games.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
it seems like Durkin is the only guy we're still talking to in 2023 though. we're not going about it like we really have an opening to fill.

like if we don't get Durkin, we're probably waiting on end of year confirmation and if Crabtree (or someone else) leaves we'll hit the portal.
With the amount of transfers out there every year now, it maybe makes sense to save a scholarship. Maybe see what position fit would be best when everything settles in next spring. I would hate to not have a chance at a big time potential transfer who might be interested in us because we are at 13.

But I thought u said we must have Crabtree's opening to fill otherwise because how else would Durkin take an OV here, and all that stuff about "actionable" offers.

But I thought u said we must have Crabtree's opening to fill otherwise because how else would Durkin take an OV here, and all that stuff about "actionable" offers.
I do think we have Crabtree's opening. that makes it clean. I absolutely think Durkin's offer is actionable. he wouldn't waste his time coming here if it wasn't when he's got 13 offers. he's not waiting until April to see if we have a spot.

so either we know about Crabtree or Mooney is making a bet like some think.

regardless, it's clearly Durkin or nobody in the 2023 class at this point.

I do think we have Crabtree's opening. that makes it clean. I absolutely think Durkin's offer is actionable. he wouldn't waste his time coming here if it wasn't when he's got 13 offers. he's not waiting until April to see if we have a spot.

so either we know about Crabtree or Mooney is making a bet like some think.

regardless, it's clearly Durkin or nobody in the 2023 class at this point.

gotcha, when u wrote "we're not going about it like we really have an opening to fill" that read like u now didn't think Crabtree slot was available or u were unsure.

If we really like Durkin the whole save a ship strategy I don't get. But we've covered that. Nothing to save, I want a transfer again too, but we'll have a ship regardless in spring.

gotcha, when u wrote "we're not going about it like we really have an opening to fill" that read like u now didn't think Crabtree slot was available or u were unsure.
correct. I am unsure. until Mooney or Crabtree says it, I can't be sure.
I think Durkin is the only "A list" 2023 recruit now. whether we're saving a ship or not, I don't think we're going to consider another 2023 kid. it's either land Durkin or see what happens after the season.

Reactions: urfan1
correct. I am unsure. until Mooney or Crabtree says it, I can't be sure.
I think Durkin is the only "A list" 2023 recruit now. whether we're saving a ship or not, I don't think we're going to consider another 2023 kid. it's either land Durkin or see what happens after the season.

Agree w all that. I thought u were adamant he had to be 100% gone bc mooney would never go over the limit (even tho technically we are now) or even have an "actionable" offer out there or allow an OV to take place bc u had never heard of that ever being done. I may be conflating u and VT.

Agree w all that. I thought u were adamant he had to be 100% gone bc mooney would never go over the limit (even tho technically we are now) or even have an "actionable" offer out there or allow an OV to take place bc u had never heard of that ever being done. I may be conflating u and VT.
no, just never heard of Mooney doing that before. seems out of character if he doesn't know he's got the opening. he's got a long track record.

but this could be a special situation, as we're already far along with Durkin who was labeled by one analyst I believe as possibly the best HS shooter in the country.

no, just never heard of Mooney doing that before. seems out of character if he doesn't know he's got the opening. he's got a long track record.

but this could be a special situation, as we're already far along with Durkin who was labeled by one analyst I believe as possibly the best HS shooter in the country.

High praise...who said it do u recall? I'd hate to see him end up at Davidson.

Yes, that was and is still me saying if we get Durkin, that is because we know Crabtree is 100% gone. I think Mooney pretty much gives this info away every time he mentions Crabtree came back with Grace and Goose this year. You think Mooney would just go over the limit without knowing who is leaving, but he has never done that, and with transfers being so common now, there is no reason to risk doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: spider23
great content.

Neil Reed lol, the poor guy Knight choked. I think that is 2nd time Mooney has called Neal Quinn Neil Reed.

I know u r not as high on Goose but hard to see a guy Mooney says is one of the best defenders in A10 not playing large qty of minutes. Also called out Grace's defense so maybe we'll go big more often. Grace did get some of Golden minutes on D down stretch last season. tbd we'll see on both.

It's always been strange whenever Mooney has spun it as if Crabtree is using a COVID year for this upcoming season. He's eligible to return even without that.

I get that he already walked at graduation due to the transfer redshirt year, but the guy has still only played two full seasons plus a handful of games.
I think the interview Spiderman has posted is as close as we are going to get to Crabtree’s status. Mooney said 3 guys using extra year this year and then later named the three players. As most have liked to stress, things can change but I think this confirms that the Spiders are looking for 4 players in the next class.

I also think it won’t be long before we know what Durkin has decided to do and whether that means the class is full or whether the Spiders will be looking at the portal.

Reactions: urfan1
Per the RTD article, this is a five week injury, which would make the timeline Sept. 29 for recovery. Trap, if you wake up on Sept. 30th and don't see any reports of Quinn working out with no foot pain - please pull every fire alarm in the building and run out in the streets screaming "FIRE!!". I will do the same where I am.
Tailgating reconnaissance today...got a good look at Quinn walking through parking lot with Palz, Burton and another unknown person...

he's got big feet and they aren't pretty, but he was not wearing a boot!

Go Quinn! Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT