ADVERTISEMENT

Hardt on Bob’s show Wednesday

Some of you think we should be Michigan or Ohio State. Not a small private university in
Virginia. We have a very strong athletic program based on our size, and the pathetic fan support.
I love my Spiders and am proud of our teams. But so many on this board live in La La Land.
I don't think its crazy to think we should be a perennial top 4 team in the A10 and therefore should be in the NCAA or NIT every year. I would be willing to accept the off year where we don't make anything - but that should be a 1 off.

I don' think its crazy to want or expect we should be on par with schools like Davidson, Dayton, or even the school 10 minutes down the road - VCU. But instead - we are still the giant killer program, who surfaces every couple of years and disappears in between. That can't be la la land.

I don't think its crazy to think we should be a perennial top 4 team in the A10
Dayton, VCU, Loyola, Davidson, and St. Louis have equal or better claims to the same statement. And tons of other schools like UMass, St. Bonaventure, GW, St. Joes, and Rhode Island expect to spend lots of time in the top 4 as well. And everyone else wants to be there at least some of the time.

The math just doesn't work.

Every team in Division 1 will make the same statement. Because everyone wants to win. But there is a difference between Fordham wanting to win and University of Richmond wanting to win. At this point - Fordham will be happy if they just finish above .500 for a couple of years in a row. Something they have not done in almost 20 years now. UR on the other hand - we make the tourney, and then we disappear, then we come back and then disappear. We don't disappear to the levels of Fordham, but we don't make any post-season tourney's or come close in some years.

Just because other teams out there want to win just as much as we do - doesn't mean we should diminish our expectations. And expectations change based on results. VCU is a prime example. They were very similar to us in the CAA days, but then they made that final four run and never looked back. Now - because they have enjoyed such success, the expectation has changed. They now expect to make the tourney every single year. And why shouldn't they - they have shown they can do it consistently. There is no doubt in my mind if VCU misses the tourney 2 years in a row - the seat for their head coach will be boiling hot. Should they change their expectations just because everyone else wants to make the tourney too? No.

We made back to back tourney appearances and missed our opportunity to capitalize. We made a good run last year, recruiting seems high, so we need to capitalize this year to keep it going. I don't think that is asking too much - to try and capitalize on our success and see if we can become a consistent contender in the A10. If it is too much - well, then why did we join the A10 - to just get money from everyone elses NCAA appearances?

Every team in Division 1 will make the same statement. Because everyone wants to win. But there is a difference between Fordham wanting to win and University of Richmond wanting to win. At this point - Fordham will be happy if they just finish above .500 for a couple of years in a row. Something they have not done in almost 20 years now. UR on the other hand - we make the tourney, and then we disappear, then we come back and then disappear. We don't disappear to the levels of Fordham, but we don't make any post-season tourney's or come close in some years.

Just because other teams out there want to win just as much as we do - doesn't mean we should diminish our expectations. And expectations change based on results. VCU is a prime example. They were very similar to us in the CAA days, but then they made that final four run and never looked back. Now - because they have enjoyed such success, the expectation has changed. They now expect to make the tourney every single year. And why shouldn't they - they have shown they can do it consistently. There is no doubt in my mind if VCU misses the tourney 2 years in a row - the seat for their head coach will be boiling hot. Should they change their expectations just because everyone else wants to make the tourney too? No.

We made back to back tourney appearances and missed our opportunity to capitalize. We made a good run last year, recruiting seems high, so we need to capitalize this year to keep it going. I don't think that is asking too much - to try and capitalize on our success and see if we can become a consistent contender in the A10. If it is too much - well, then why did we join the A10 - to just get money from everyone elses NCAA appearances?
The number of A10 schools that finished top four the last three years in a row is 0. It just got harder with the addition of Loyola.

It doesn't matter what fans of schools want. Reality matters. You can choose to have realistic expectations or unrealistic expectations.

A10 standings

Reactions: urfan1 and VT4700
Dayton, VCU, Loyola, Davidson, and St. Louis have equal or better claims to the same statement. And tons of other schools like UMass, St. Bonaventure, GW, St. Joes, and Rhode Island expect to spend lots of time in the top 4 as well. And everyone else wants to be there at least some of the time.

The math just doesn't work.
Exactly. So, if we should be top 4 like Davidson, Dayton, and VCU every year, does this mean St Louis, Loyola, St Bona, and others should never be top 4?

Exactly. So, if we should be top 4 like Davidson, Dayton, and VCU every year, does this mean St Louis, Loyola, St Bona, and others should never be top 4?
No - they should be filling up their message board with the same stuff we do and pushing their school to make the investment to be top 4. Yes - few teams make it to that level - but does that mean we should be okay with it because everyone else wants the same? And what is holding us back from being a perennial top 4 A10 team? Money? Resources? Recruiting? Coaching? etc. And how has VCU been able to make the leap - in the same city, with similar or I would argue right now (until their new facility is finished) lesser facilities, and has endured more coaching changes? Why were they able to make the leap and we can't? Is simply just a matter of numbers and there is not enough room for UR to make the leap?

And yes - just as fast as you make the step up, you can step down. VCU for example - if they miss the tourney 2-3 years in a row - in could be a fast descent.

No - they should be filling up their message board with the same stuff we do and pushing their school to make the investment to be top 4. Yes - few teams make it to that level - but does that mean we should be okay with it because everyone else wants the same? And what is holding us back from being a perennial top 4 A10 team? Money? Resources? Recruiting? Coaching? etc. And how has VCU been able to make the leap - in the same city, with similar or I would argue right now (until their new facility is finished) lesser facilities, and has endured more coaching changes? Why were they able to make the leap and we can't? Is simply just a matter of numbers and there is not enough room for UR to make the leap?

And yes - just as fast as you make the step up, you can step down. VCU for example - if they miss the tourney 2-3 years in a row - in could be a fast descent.
Bet they don't make it this year.

Reactions: 8legs1dream

Agree. That's the other schools and their constituents business. It's hard, it's not guaranteed but why should other people having their own expectations lower ours? It shouldn't, that doesn't make sense to me either.

The more people around the program that have high expectations the better, it's a collective thing. The Tyler Burton mindset from interview. We have lot going for us. Heck even an 18 year coach at 1 place is supposed to be an advantage. Now we haven't come close to expectations re: NCAA but hopefully we can build off last year and get that rolling.

btw is VCU replacing Siegel? i assume that was a reference to a practice facility but just making sure I haven't missed anything.

Do I want to be top 4 every year? Yes. And, I think that should be our goal every year. But, "should" we be top 4 every year? No, I can't agree with Trap on that because there are other teams like us who have the same goals, recruit quality talent, and have the same chances to get there that we do. Dayton, Davidson, St Louis, VCU, Loyola, St Bona, and up and coming teams like Mason are fighting for top 4 every season just like we are. I just can't realistically say we should always be better than all but 3 of them every single year and never miss the top 4. Like Mountian said, the math doesn't add up, and like I said earlier, if 3 other teams like us were top 4 every year, that means some real good programs would never be top 4. But, the goal should always be top 4, and getting there more often than not would make us a solid program.

Reactions: spiderman
VT u have been beating the “finish in top 4” drum for I think 4 years in a row now so u r not far off, kind of a trend. But the poster did say there would be the occasional 1 off. not every single year. That was my read. So call it 3 out of 4.

I'm in the let's expect and shoot for the moon here crowd. Obviously only 4 teams can finish in the top four every year, but I would love to have a coach, admin, and fan base EXPECTING to win a regular season or a10 tournament championship every year. By saying it can't be done it lowers expectations and you have 8-10 year droughts, instead of 2-3 year droughts. Didn't listen to Burton's podcast, but sounds like he has high expectations. Yes, this year SLU and Dayton are stacked, BUT both have flawed in game/strategic coaches, so that is your window if you are Mooney and the team.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Agree. That's the other schools and their constituents business. It's hard, it's not guaranteed but why should other people having their own expectations lower ours? It shouldn't, that doesn't make sense to me either.

The more people around the program that have high expectations the better, it's a collective thing. The Tyler Burton mindset from interview. We have lot going for us. Heck even an 18 year coach at 1 place is supposed to be an advantage. Now we haven't come close to expectations re: NCAA but hopefully we can build off last year and get that rolling.

btw is VCU replacing Siegel? i assume that was a reference to a practice facility but just making sure I haven't missed anything.
Yes - reference to practice facility being built.

What practice facility is VCU building? They just opened their current $25 million one like seven years ago.

Realistic Goal: Have a top 4 A10 win percentage over a 10 year period. This is possible -- 4 teams will achieve this.

Unrealistic Goal: Finish in the top 4 in the A10 almost every year. Nobody in the conference is doing this! I already posted a link showing 0 A10 teams have finished top 4 in all of the last three years. And it is even harder now with another good team added.

I guess if fans want to have unrealistic goals they can, but do any of you find it motivational at work to be held to a standard none of your coworkers meet?

Realistic Goal: Have a top 4 A10 win percentage over a 10 year period. This is possible -- 4 teams will achieve this.

Unrealistic Goal: Finish in the top 4 in the A10 almost every year. Nobody in the conference is doing this! I already posted a link showing 0 A10 teams have finished top 4 in all of the last three years. And it is even harder now with another good team added.

I guess if fans want to have unrealistic goals they can, but do any of you find it motivational at work to be held to a standard none of your coworkers meet?
We are talking team goals here, not individual. Goals are often not met, but aiming low and missing equals lower landing spot.

Do I want to be top 4 every year? Yes. And, I think that should be our goal every year. But, "should" we be top 4 every year? No, I can't agree with Trap on that because there are other teams like us who have the same goals, recruit quality talent, and have the same chances to get there that we do. Dayton, Davidson, St Louis, VCU, Loyola, St Bona, and up and coming teams like Mason are fighting for top 4 every season just like we are. I just can't realistically say we should always be better than all but 3 of them every single year and never miss the top 4. Like Mountian said, the math doesn't add up, and like I said earlier, if 3 other teams like us were top 4 every year, that means some real good programs would never be top 4. But, the goal should always be top 4, and getting there more often than not would make us a solid program.
So is the only thing keeping us from being a top 4 team every year in the A10 simply a math issue?

Does Duke - a small University use the same logic when they say they want to be a top 25 team every year - well - if it doesn't happen - its not out fault, its simply a math issue?

I agree 100% - it is difficult to reach. But that doesn't mean we should lower expectations. I almost see this last NCAA appearance as a reset button. We have a new AD, and now a new President. Mooney got us through COVID, and last year won the A10. Can we back that up with a top 4 finish this year? If not - can we bounce back and get back in top 4 next year? If not - then in my mind - we are not meeting expectations.

And if your saying just make the top 4 more often than not - well - Mooney has been here 13 years and we have been in top 4 or better 6 times and made the NCAA tourney 2 of those times, and NIT 2 of the times (1 time was cancelled because of COVID).

So by definition - we are probably meeting your definition of solid program and then I would guess nothing needs to change. Just keep course? Set the bar at medium and sometimes you make it and sometimes you don't? And to be clear - I am not picking on VT as I think your take on this aligns with our administration at the school. It is very much the "compete" and be competitive mantra.

Last edited:
Reactions: whampas
I'm in the let's expect and shoot for the moon here crowd. Obviously only 4 teams can finish in the top four every year, but I would love to have a coach, admin, and fan base EXPECTING to win a regular season or a10 tournament championship every year. By saying it can't be done it lowers expectations and you have 8-10 year droughts, instead of 2-3 year droughts. Didn't listen to Burton's podcast, but sounds like he has high expectations. Yes, this year SLU and Dayton are stacked, BUT both have flawed in game/strategic coaches, so that is your window if you are Mooney and the team.
I hear you, and, sure, the coach, and players should have the "no one is better than us" attitude every year, but I was just talking from a fan's standpoint.

Never understood the Top 4 finish argument. Most years the difference between Top 4 and Top 8 is usually 1 or 2 wins. The metric should be put yourself in contention/conversation for an at large every year.

VCU, Dayton, SLU and Davidson have shown they can do that consistently year and year out. I expect Loyola to be in that echelon as well, although time will tell. We have not been able to do that consistently over the past decade.

Hopefully with our NCAA appearance last year, we can capitalize and boost ourselves up to that same category. But I could care less about being Top 4 in the A-10, it is a meaningless metric.

Reactions: plydogg
It wouldn’t surprise me if the derivation was from a concept that if you finish in the top 4 of the A10 you’re generally in the NCAA tournament (going back a decade before the big East shuffle). As such, just finish in the top 4. It morphed slightly with getting a bye in the A10 tournament. Alas, years later the original purpose has been lost and people have recreated the goal without understanding it. Doesn’t hurt that this goal conveniently require accountability - don’t underestimate the reason why these subtle changes happen. Definitely easier for the AD to justify “my guy” then to have accountability.

top 4 is one of the stated goals of every season. from Mooney himself. you want that bye.
goals are different than expectations by definition.
I like 97's metric. put yourself in contention/conversation for an at large every year.

Reactions: urfan1
Never understood the Top 4 finish argument. Most years the difference between Top 4 and Top 8 is usually 1 or 2 wins. The metric should be put yourself in contention/conversation for an at large every year.

VCU, Dayton, SLU and Davidson have shown they can do that consistently year and year out. I expect Loyola to be in that echelon as well, although time will tell. We have not been able to do that consistently over the past decade.

Hopefully with our NCAA appearance last year, we can capitalize and boost ourselves up to that same category. But I could care less about being Top 4 in the A-10, it is a meaningless metric.
Top 4 get byes in the A10 tournament that put you in a better place to get an auto-bid or more quality wins for the at-large resume.

also, historically I believe teams outside the top 4 rarely get at-large bids.

SO as a fan - and I consider you a fan VT - you are okay with our program as long as we compete and half the time we are in the top 4 and then from there your probably looking at an NCAA berth 25% of the time (not every top 4 finish guarantees an NCAA bid) - so by those measures, the program as it stands is "solid" as you say and probably maxed out in terms of what it can do or how far it can go? And again - I personally believe this is the underlying thinking of the administration under Hardt - but time will tell what the new President thinks.

Our recent history is mostly a team above .500 and we average an NCAA appearance about every 5 years. Average is the key because we had 2 together under Mooney, and then a drought, and then 1 last year and maybe 1 if count the COVID year. But all in all - about every 4-5 years, maybe we make the big dance.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Well, I said make the top 4 more than not, which is not half the time. So, give me 3 top 4s in 5 years, with the other 2 years still being good, and that could equal 2-3 NCAA tourneys every 5 years. Yes, as a fan, I would take that. As an AD, a coach, or a player, no, I would not come out and say that. Do I want as a fan to be top 4 every year? Of course. But, do I feel we should be, as if we are so much better than all but 3 A-10 teams every year? No, I don't, and as a result, if and when we finish outside the top 4, I will not be upset, or disappointed, or call us an underachieving program like some of you who think we should be a perennial top 4 team might.

Reactions: gcarter52
Well, I said make the top 4 more than not, which is not half the time. So, give me 3 top 4s in 5 years, with the other 2 years still being good, and that could equal 2-3 NCAA tourneys every 5 years. Yes, as a fan, I would take that. As an AD, a coach, or a player, no, I would not come out and say that. Do I want as a fan to be top 4 every year? Of course. But, do I feel we should be, as if we are so much better than all but 3 A-10 teams every year? No, I don't, and as a result, if and when we finish outside the top 4, I will not be upset, or disappointed, or call us an underachieving program like some of you who think we should be a perennial top 4 team might.

But can we expect to go 3 of 5 top 4, still be good the other 2, & make ncaa every other year, if others teams like us r trying to do same thing? Math check.

we also haven’t been close to that so imagine u might feel we r underachieving as a program.

but I’d take it too btw. Hopefully we will going forward.

But can we expect to go 3 of 5 top 4, still be good the other 2, & make ncaa every other year, if others teams like us r trying to do same thing? Math check.

we also haven’t been close to that so imagine u might feel we r underachieving as a program.

but I’d take it too btw. Hopefully we will going forward.
Well, not sure how you do your math, but my math check says every single A-10 team can make the top 4 every 5 years if we make it 3 of the 5 years. Are you saying that is the same math as the same 4 teams making the top 4 every year and the other 11 teams never making it? Seems like different math to me, but whatever.

As for expecting to do that? Not sure. Maybe if we keep up the momentum we have now. I'm just saying when others have asked for top 4 every year, I would be happy as a fan with less than that, so I mentioned more than not as an example, and then expanded on that with the 3 of 5 years talk. But, sure, we keep getting good players in here mixed in with some great ones, I could see 3 top 4s in 5 years being a realistic fan expectation.

But, there are a lot of different scenarios that could play out. The A-10 could be a great league the next 5 seasons, and what if we are one of the better programs and have 2 top 4s, 5 top 5s, and go dancing 2 or maybe even 3 times in 5 years? Would you take that even though we "only" had 2 top 4s in 5 years? I know I would.

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1
Well, not sure how you do your math, but my math check says every single A-10 team can make the top 4 every 5 years if we make it 3 of the 5 years. Are you saying that is the same math as the same 4 teams making the top 4 every year and the other 11 teams never making it? Seems like different math to me, but whatever.

As for expecting to do that? Not sure. Maybe if we keep up the momentum we have now. I'm just saying when others have asked for top 4 every year, I would be happy as a fan with less than that, so I mentioned more than not as an example, and then expanded on that with the 3 of 5 years talk. But, sure, we keep getting good players in here mixed in with some great ones, I could see 3 top 4s in 5 years being a realistic fan expectation.

But, there are a lot of different scenarios that could play out. The A-10 could be a great league the next 5 seasons, and what if we are one of the better programs and have 2 top 4s, 5 top 5s, and go dancing 2 or maybe even 3 times in 5 years? Would you take that even though we "only" had 2 top 4s in 5 years? I know I would.

Yes I would. I guess I'm just a little surprised these r your expectations and/or u find them quite reasonable. because Mooney is 3 for 16 in NCAA (take out covid year or 3.5 out of 17 I'll give him half credit even tho there was no ncaa & we'll never know) so call it 20% and he's 6 of 17 for top 4. Yet u think he's done a great job here and given the impression he's met or exceeded expectations. Maybe that is incorrect but I think most ppl on this board would feel that way based on your history of postings. So there is some disconnect here that's all. If those r fair expectations he has certainly underachieved to date.

Yes I would. I guess I'm just a little surprised these r your expectations and/or u find them quite reasonable. because Mooney is 3 for 16 in NCAA (take out covid year or 3.5 out of 17 I'll give him half credit even tho there was no ncaa & we'll never know) so call it 20% and he's 6 of 17 for top 4. Yet u think he's done a great job here and given the impression he's met or exceeded expectations. Maybe that is incorrect but I think most ppl on this board would feel that way based on your history of postings. So there is some disconnect here that's all. If those r fair expectations he has certainly underachieved to date.
I hear you, and if you read my post again, you will see I said not sure for those expectations, and maybe if we keep the momentum up, which I think we can. So, isn't it fair for me to have different expectations in the next 5 years than I might have 10 years ago? And, yes, I think Mooney has done a great job here and I am very happy he is our coach.

Good thing #TheGipeUR doesn't think small!!

I get it - we don't have budget of athletics that tOSU has - actually no one does.

But, let's not think small. I think we can realistically target to be a more consistent dancer and mid major power like St. Mary's, VCU, SDSU, Dayton, and a few others.

I do agree with folks on here regarding uptick in recruiting. I think Mooney has improved and really doing a great job landing his top targets, including in the portal this year. Scheduling is next. We have had a lot of staff turnover, would love to get a top assistant that can really rev this part of the equation up. Maybe Gipe can do this in his free 5 hours a day :)?
Not one of those schools has the academic requirements of Richmond. And some are state supportEd.

I hear you, and if you read my post again, you will see I said not sure for those expectations, and maybe if we keep the momentum up, which I think we can. So, isn't it fair for me to have different expectations in the next 5 years than I might have 10 years ago? And, yes, I think Mooney has done a great job here and I am very happy he is our coach.

u can have any expectations u want just odd it would be that much different. Expectations were high 10 years ago we were a year removed from back to back ncaa & a S16. What were yours back then and did we meet them?

Not one of those schools has the academic requirements of Richmond. And some are state supportEd.
Also, 3 of the 4 schools mentioned haven't been consistent dancers the past 5 years. Dayton's lone dance in 5 years would have been the covid year, and VCU and St Mary's are at 2 of the last 5, which is right where we would be with the covid year. St Mary's might have had a 3rd the covid year, but out of the 4 mentioned, I would only put SD St ahead of us as a program right now.

u can have any expectations u want just odd it would be that much different. Expectations were high 10 years ago we were a year removed from back to back ncaa & a S16. What were yours back then and did we meet them?
I was fine with the first few years after the sweet 16. We had just gone to the dance back to back, including the sweet 16, so I was more than content for awhile. And, we had put ourselves in decent shape to go dancing one of those first 3 years until Ced and his 18 PPG, 4 assists a game, 2 steals a game, and great senior leadership got hurt.

Then, the TJ years, we just missed in 2 of them, going 12-6 and 13-5 IC with a T-4 and T-3 finish, including being in the first 4 out. So, no, I wasn't down on our program those years at all. We had real good seasons in 2 of TJ's 3 years.

The 20 loss seasons were terrible. No way to make them look better. The Nick injury really hurt, but we still should have had more wins then. But, I did like our roster and believed in our coach and players, was looking forward to getting a healthy Nick back and seeing Blake, so I was glad when we kept Mooney. But, no doubt, we needed to be good in 2020 and we were real good. So, yes, I have been pretty happy as a fan, even through the tourney drought.

I have been very unhappy as a fan. Last year was absolutely badass but my freshman year started in 2012 and having to wait 9 and a half years to dance was an absolute joke. That’s fine if it’s ok with you and that’s your opinion but to those of us who want Richmond basketball to be more than a pathetic afterthought you really shouldn’t admonish us for having goals that are more than simply existing in the A10.

It’s fine if being mediocre is ok with you, but shooting to be in the top quadrant is where we should be every season. EVERY. SEASON. You don’t achieve your goals every season unless you’re Kansas but if we start out with a goal to be mediocre (and still fail) then what are we even doing here?

You’re not only gaslighting us but being completely disingenuous in doing so. You’re celebrating mediocrity. We should be ringing bells of shame while you walk down the aisle

Such a joke that the people who say we’re succeeding even when we suck are the first to pump the brakes when we day we should have high expectations.

I’ll only discuss Spider basketball with someone who wants to see the program succeed than someone who would rather shill for the athletic department than see us win games.

*no names have been named. Will anybody step up to defend themselves and admit they’re a shill? Find out on the next episode of Spider apologists*

I have been very unhappy as a fan. Last year was absolutely badass but my freshman year started in 2012 and having to wait 9 and a half years to dance was an absolute joke. That’s fine if it’s ok with you and that’s your opinion but to those of us who want Richmond basketball to be more than a pathetic afterthought you really shouldn’t admonish us for having goals that are more than simply existing in the A10.

It’s fine if being mediocre is ok with you, but shooting to be in the top quadrant is where we should be every season. EVERY. SEASON. You don’t achieve your goals every season unless you’re Kansas but if we start out with a goal to be mediocre (and still fail) then what are we even doing here?

You’re not only gaslighting us but being completely disingenuous in doing so. You’re celebrating mediocrity. We should be ringing bells of shame while you walk down the aisle
1. Who did I admonish for having goals that are more than just existing in the A-10? Heck, I have higher hopes than that like I assume everyone else does. The only one admonishing anyone is you getting on me with this post. I even said on this very board that I got it if people wanted Mooney gone after the 20 loss seasons. I wanted him back, but I understood if fans were frustrated and wanted a change. And, I have shared some of my hopes, which are more than just existing in the A-10, so who knows where you are going with this rant.

2. I wonder if you would tell guys like Kendall, Terry Allen, TJ, and ShawnDre we were just a pathetic afterthought when they played.

3. No question coaches and players should have big goals every year, and a top 4 finish should always be a goal for them. Always. And, I think that is their goal every year. I feel the same. I am always hoping for and wanting a top 4 finish. So, I'm not sure what you are mad about with that one either. I guess maybe you expect it to happen every year, and I don't? That's fine. Why can't we just disagree without you going off like this?

4. Gaslighting? Disingenuous? What the heck?? G asked me some questions and I answered them. Do you always accuse people of that when they don't share your opinion?

5. This is such a strange post you put out here. You act like the players owe you something. Like how dare a bunch of guys like Kendall, Terry Allen, ShawnDre, and TJ prevent YOU from watching our team dance. And how dare a bunch of guys who worked their tails off every day they were here, while you were doing who knows what, settle for mediocrity and make you so unhappy as a fan. I guess you feel they should all apologize to you.

Such a joke that the people who say we’re succeeding even when we suck are the first to pump the brakes when we day we should have high expectations.

I’ll only discuss Spider basketball with someone who wants to see the program succeed than someone who would rather shill for the athletic department than see us win games.

*no names have been named. Will anybody step up to defend themselves and admit they’re a shill? Find out on the next episode of Spider apologists*
Another strange post. Usually, I get criticized for saying we can go 14-4 IC, and now, I get accused of pumping the brakes? I was one of the few on here who kept believing in the team last year, and I am the one pumping the brakes? I have done nothing but talk this team up all summer, could not be more excited about this year, have said I feel we have the team to dance again, and I am the one pumping the brakes?

So, now you say I don't want the program to succeed? When I am the one who always gets crap on here for being too optimistic?

Shill? Wow. Seriously? Spider apologists? Who? What should anyone apologize for? A-10 title and win over Iowa not good enough for you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT