ADVERTISEMENT

Hardt on Bob’s show Wednesday

Anyone have up the gall to suffer through that interview and want to report back the nothingness it contained.

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Serious question though; who is the worst AD, Hardt or Gill? My vote is Gill because he destroyed our football program. Hardt has more than anything just not done anything. He hasn’t ruined a program like Gill did but he isn’t doing himself any favors either.

There will be little basketball discussed. Didn’t someone post a recent podcast of hardt? I didn’t listen but it was apparently all about CAA football & lacrosse conference affiliation/expansion. Expect a redo of that since hardt will already have those talking points scripted.

if we’re really lucky they’ll again bring on Joe Lunardi special correspondent and Richmond contract employee for a slurp session to discuss our scheduling strategeries next year!

There will be little basketball discussed. Didn’t someone post a recent podcast of hardt? I didn’t listen but it was apparently all about CAA football & lacrosse conference affiliation/expansion. Expect a redo of that since hardt will already have those talking points scripted.
I posted that podcast and I expect them to rehash just like you said.

Reactions: GKiller
Started listening a few minutes after 430 and not a mention of basketball yet, not sure if they haven't touched on it or already did it. Or aren't doing it at all, lol.

If Hardt had any nads, he would talk about going over to the slum to play VCU. Henrico not so bad after all.

"Our margin for error is next to nothing now," Hardt just said, in a voice that sounded annoyed, shockingly.

Hardt says he checks the NET rankings and standings multiple times every day...

Then says, "The Spiders have a real chance to finish strong and make some noise here in the postseason."

• Haha

Then says, "The Spiders have a real chance to finish strong and make some noise here in the postseason."
In fairness, this is all he can say. He can't throw the team under the bus, but hopefully his annoyance in his answer about our margin for error means something. He could be annoyed or perhaps he just had one two many ribs off the Golden Corral buffet at lunch. Either way, he is going to have consult with Master Q, to see which way the wind blows.

Maybe he goes back multiple times because he can't believe what he sees the first time.

That last statement is something he's been saying for years in emails etc etc. BIG HAT NO CATTLE.

The next to nothing may be just referring to our auto bid chances. Which would be accurate. I would have to hear the context. Hopefully someone can post link when/if it becomes available espn950.

Thanks for the reports in meantime.

• Haha
LaSalle game. Hardt seated in his place in the first half. Second half he stood behind JOC from start until Spiders had a comfortable lead, then he left the RC. I thought that was unusual, he acted concerned, questoned JOC several times on various plays. He was not cheering rather studying the game. Maybe, just maybe…

• Wow
LaSalle game. Hardt seated in his place in the first half. Second half he stood behind JOC from start until Spiders had a comfortable lead, then he left the RC. I thought that was unusual, he acted concerned, questoned JOC several times on various plays. He was not cheering rather studying the game. Maybe, just maybe…
Maybe a primer in Basketball 101 and AD 101?

Reactions: Spiders4ever
I listened to the first few minutes then had to turn it off when Hardt made the following comment. Bob was talking football and the addition of schools to the CAA and how this effects the Spiders for football purposes. Hardt gave the response of he hopes they add enough teams to create two divisions so that travel can be regionalized and rather than flying to games, they can bus - which he then said is good from an "economical" standpoint and good from a "student-athlete" standpoint as they will not have to miss class as much. I know its football, but I just know this thinking trickles into other sports. Lets save money on travel, and lets make sure our kids don't miss class.
How about this - you play the best possible schedule wherever it may take you - and you pay the extra money where needed - tutors, charter flights, etc to minimize class time for our kids.
I don't know why - but the answer sounded like an Ivy league or Patriot League AD not someone in the A10 or best FCS football conference. I had to turn it off after that.

you act like there shouldn't be an athletic budget at all. non-rev sports should fly as little as possible.

Reactions: GKiller
you act like there shouldn't be an athletic budget at all. non-rev sports should fly as little as possible.
I don't disagree we should save money in non-rev sports, but they were talking about football. Which I know is FCS, but is that a non-rev sport for us or one that is grouped with Non-Revenue? If so - why in God's name did we build a football stadium on campus.
And while it may be true for non-rev sports, just keep your mouth shut. Why not say something to the effect of I am excited of the addition of teams, makes our conference that much better, lets our student-athletes play against great competition and hopefully get us ready to make the post-season playoffs and win championships. Why when talking about conference expansion - his first comment is - this will save us money, and kids will miss less class time. Nothing about winning, noting about post season, nothing about championships.

Makes me think if you asked him how he feels about adding Loyola to the A10 - instead of being excited about adding a very good team to the league that will help our schedule profile and NET rankings for post-season consideration, he might be upset this will be an overnight trip with a charter jet that will cost the school money and take kids out of class for 2-3 days.

football is definitely revenue producing. adding the right teams to allow for more regional travel is fine, as long as we're not adding bad teams just for travel savings.

no idea how he feels about Loyola. we needed to add the best program possible to the A10 though. can't worry about location as much for what's supposed to be the flagship.

Look at it this way - Loyola joined the A10. They are close to really no one out in Chicago. I don't think they are worried about travel and expenses. I think the feeling from programs who take athletics seriously - if we invest and win and make the NCAA - we get that money back in revenue and overall exposure for our school.
I hear Hardt speak and all I can think of after he made those statements about football is he is not thinking win first, he is thinking flights, expenses, class time.

Look at it this way - Loyola joined the A10. They are close to really no one out in Chicago. I don't think they are worried about travel and expenses. I think the feeling from programs who take athletics seriously - if we invest and win and make the NCAA - we get that money back in revenue and overall exposure for our school.
I hear Hardt speak and all I can think of after he made those statements about football is he is not thinking win first, he is thinking flights, expenses, class time.
Of course he is. The budget is the primary thing that he is concerned about, winning clearly comes second to that. See our football, baseball and basketball teams.

• Sad
Gets tougher every day to care about UR athletics. Its becomming clearer every day that the faculty, AD, and athletic department @ UR just don't care about winning. Being "woke" and competing is valued, not winning. It's the participation trophy mentality. Small thinking.

Reactions: whampas
I think everyone should hold their judgement on Hardt until after the season. A Mooney “resignation” and a respectful divorce is very possible. It makes so much more sense this year than after any other year. Just wait..

I would be shocked if mooney is gone, whether that be firing or deciding to just move on. Why would he move on? He gets paid almost 2 million to do nothing and have no expectations. I think we would all kill for that kind of job.

I think everyone should hold their judgement on Hardt until after the season. A Mooney “resignation” and a respectful divorce is very possible. It makes so much more sense this year than after any other year. Just wait..

Well lot to judge Hardt on already. Among many others he signed Mooney to the terrible extension costing us millions, unless there is a really good buyout in there like there should be. If there is a change it would be good to at least leak that.

I listened to bball parts online. The man literally sweats pretentiousness. But there were a couple comments essentially about how this team needs to get in NCAA one way or another that what you write has some potential.

Just have to weigh it all against his traditional BIG HAT NO CATTLE model.

P.S. bet part were the numerous references to the "great" Joey Brackets by Hardt. lol those 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT