ADVERTISEMENT

GW in Foggy Bottom Game Thread

Sad down 69-61, 71-64 to go up 5 with 1 minute to play and can't close it out. Then down 5 in OT and nice to get to 2nd OT. I really thought they would pull it out. GW gets beat down two straight away games, then comes home to get blasted by Dukes. Couldn't have a better opportunity to get away W before an empty building.

Wasted career night performance (topped the Fordham one) from Matty and Bigs was solid.

Sad down 69-61, 71-64 to go up 5 with 1 minute to play and can't close it out. Then down 5 in OT and nice to get to 2nd OT. I really thought they would pull it out. GW gets beat down two straight away games, then comes home to get blasted by Dukes. Couldn't have a better opportunity to get away W before an empty building.

Wasted career night performance (topped the Fordham one) from Matty and Bigs was solid.
U nailed all of it

Matt Grace was outstanding! I'm not one of his biggest supporters, but, he has been very good offensively the last 2-games. Bigelow had a big night, but I cringed when he shot the 3-late. It was a prayer not answered. I thought Bailey played pretty well. He is def my starter. Nelson was absolutely abused when he was trying to play defense. I just don't think that he can be on the floor much at this point. Burton put in offensive effort in 2nd half, but, he has shown himself to not be a successful "game winner" type of player. He has failed on the last shot or two far more times than I can remember.

The Spiders kept trying to come back, but, bottom line, we ALL KNEW how it was going to end. It is Mooney 101. Mooney coached teams repeatedly lose in close, end-of-game situations. After 18-years of repetitiveness, it must just be bad luck, or a coincidence. Surely doesn't have to do with the way he prepares or coaches the team.

This is Mooney in his purest form. We play down to opponents of any level, let teams hang around, play good defense when we can't score, play awful defense when we can score, fail to close out games, allow absurd three-point outbursts. This game literally had every element of Mooniocrity all wrapped into one.
This is what 18 years and extensions get us. But the BOT and Athletic Directors obviously know what they’re doing.

They did…I think Djis length and size bothered Adams. I’ll have to rewatch but I think Adams only got 1 three on Dji. I think it was pick your poison defensively. One play he switched to Bishop inOT and it got swung to Adams and he was just unreal.
Adams scored 35, was 9-12 from 3 and 12-18 overall....and you think Dji's length and size bothered him? LOL. Amazing comment. Yes, maybe try rewatching with a little less bias. Absolutely incredible anyone would think that. Nelson only played 10 minutes tonight, Dji 29. Adams only made 1 three while Nelson was in there, but sure, blame Nelson for the 35 points Adams scored and the 107 points we gave up.

Last edited:
Dji prob needs to be back in bc Bishop looked over and told Will “he can’t guard me”.
LOL. Yep, because they might have scored 150 if Dji didn't play 29 minutes tonight, right? This is a disgusting comment. Calling out another player just to give your son some extra praise on here? Why? Why go there? Looking at some of the posts on here, I guess whatever you say people will rally around. You would think Dji held Adams and Bishop to 10 points on 3-15 shooting looking at some of these posts tonight. Yep, good thing we put our defensive stopper back in and held Adams to 35 and Bishop to 33.

on the bright side Dji has been making some tough buckets here, sorry @VT4700
You mean sorry that our starting PG had 0 points, 1 assist, and another airball from 3 the 1st 39 ninutes of the game? The bright side? The 2 buckets Dji made came in the 50th minute of the game when we down 7 and then 5 and they were giving us the layups there. Are we as fans supposed to be all excited about that? Do you think we got good PG play tonight?

You mean sorry that our starting PG had 0 points, 1 assist, and another airball from 3 the 1st 39 ninutes of the game? The bright side? The 2 buckets Dji made came in the 50th minute of the game when we down 7 and then 5 and they were giving us the layups there. Are we as fans supposed to be all excited about that? Do you think we got good PG play tonight?
Dude I say this with all disrespect…STFU! You hate Dji and his game…WE ALL get it. Go back and watch and see what Adams did while being guarded by Dji. Go back and see when GW went on that run who was guarding him. Go back and see when Dji came out who went off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adams scored 35, was 9-12 from 3 and 12-18 overall....and you think Dji's length and size bothered him? LOL. Amazing comment. Yes, maybe try rewatching with a little less bias. Absolutely incredible anyone would think that. Nelson only played 10 minutes tonight, Dji 29. Adams only made 1 three while Nelson was in there, but sure, blame Nelson for the 35 points Adams scored and the 107 points we gave up.
😂😂😂 this is false but hey sip on your apple tini plug into Google…Dji didn’t get cooked for 35 YOU might want to go back and rewatch. Also was praised by the staff for playing great d but please go off😂😂😂

Nelson was (supposed to be) guarding Adams when he went off on us.

I'm enjoying Quinn's new aggressiveness, but missing that wide open bunny with just a few seconds left in regulation cost the game. Seems like every year, I'm yelling at out big guys to JUST DUNK THE BALL!

Yep, that was a bad miss by Quinn. Looked like moon was going crazy for the foul, but replay appeared Quinn had a pretty clean look. Not sure what everyone else saw.
agree...I thought it was a great look just didn't finish😥

Dude I say this with all disrespect…STFU! You hate Dji and his game…WE ALL get it. Go back and watch and see what Adams did while being guarded by Dji. Go back and see when GW went on that run who was guarding him. Go back and see when Dji came out who went off. F*%^ Off!🤡
I do not have a dog in this fight, but if I were Dji, I would not want my dad posting about my performance on this board. Apparently it is OK with him.

Reactions: VT4700 and bongturk
Yep, that was a bad miss by Quinn. Looked like moon was going crazy for the foul, but replay appeared Quinn had a pretty clean look. Not sure what everyone else saw.

I was hoping for a foul for his sake bc it’s a 1 footer from your 7 footer for win. But yes it looked like the ball started coming loose out of his hand a bit. It’s happened b4 when he spins. Nice move but he’s had trouble completing anything after those.

The goose foul was bad & I get he’s lost benefit of doubt but u have to guard hard there u have to & bishop made good move & finish. Still 17 secs left up 1 at max.

As I mentioned above the underrated sequence was Burton missing Ft to not put us up 6. Habit of missing late ones. Then we have advantage defensively of them not being in bonus, u know they want to bang a 3 he sags in lane on weak side D, he can’t recover & they get good look for 3 top of key. Now it’s 2 pt game when maybe should be over.

But I don’t blame any 1 individual player for loss, GW made some tough shots too to their cred. But I always think reasonable to look at the most tenured coach in the A10 & why things keep repeating. Little surprised Roche didn’t get subbed in late for FTs. Dji & Goose made em but risky.

I was hoping for a foul for his sake bc it’s a 1 footer from your 7 footer for win. But yes it looked like the ball started coming loose out of his hand a bit. It’s happened b4 when he spins. Nice move but he’s had trouble completing anything after those.

The goose foul was bad & I get he’s lost benefit of doubt but u have to guard hard there u have to & bishop made good move & finish. Still 17 secs left up 1 at max.

As I mentioned above the underrated sequence was Burton missing Ft to not put us up 6. Habit of missing late ones. Then we have advantage defensively of them not being in bonus, u know they want to bang a 3 he sags in lane on weak side D, he can’t recover & they get good look for 3 top of key. Now it’s 2 pt game when maybe should be over.

But I don’t blame any 1 individual player for loss, GW made some tough shots too to their cred. But I always think reasonable to look at the most tenured coach in the A10 & why things keep repeating. Little surprised Roche didn’t get subbed in late for FTs. Dji & Goose made em but risky.
Well said and agree with all .. I was very surprised Roche wasn't in on offense subs late in the game ..

go ahead rip on the players, but spare the head loser that is responsible for the mess.

we know how you operate 🧁

Up 3 with 26 seconds left, any thoughts on intentionally fouling, right before any chance of a shot?

solid summary...What is it with Neal? Is it his technique, needs to use the glass more? What do you think? I think his footwork is solid and at times maybe make 1 too many moves but he and everyone else have to find a way to finish at the rim. Guards have to look to be more aggressive and that's Dji included. I've said from day 1 on here that is the thing we tell him, trainer, coaches etc..I would have liked to see Roche in and maybe draw something to get him a good look. We can't be up 4 or 5 less than a min and take an L and totally agree this isn't on any one guy.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Up 3 with 26 seconds left, any thoughts on intentionally fouling, right before any chance of a shot?

No not w 26 secs. Too much time. Now if u guard hard & it happens naturally ok u live w that & it’s still 1&1. But we had looked quite shaky getting ball in bounds too. It worked out & made 4 FTs in a row but we got a little lucky got in some bad spots passing ball in. I wasn’t exactly confident it would work again. Now if they got ball into a big guy or bad FT shooter maybe u take foul but that wasn’t going to happen.

solid summary...What is it with Neal? Is it his technique, needs to use the glass more? What do you think? I think his footwork is solid and at times maybe make 1 too many moves but he and everyone else have to find a way to finish at the rim. Guards have to look to be more aggressive and that's Dji included. I've said from day 1 on here that is the thing we tell him, trainer, coaches etc..I would have liked to see Roche in and maybe draw something to get him a good look. We can't be up 4 or 5 less than a min and take an L and totally agree this isn't on any one guy.
Neal will look great for stretches, and then not so much.

So many times this year, I see him work so hard and make some really nice moves and then does not finish strong. Part of me thinks it is just he doesn't have the stamina or legs left after making the move to actually finish strong, and part of me thinks he just fades away or turns the wrong way right at the last second, a kind of mental block.

Unless I'm wrong, we've been in 3 OT games this year & have lost all 3 (Charleston, Syracuse, & GW). Not good - need to do much better in closing out. I can't remember vs Syracuse, but against Charleston we had 5 point lead & gave it away. Last night we had lead in OT & blew that.

Good teams close out; they don't go 0-3 in OT. We need to do better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT