ADVERTISEMENT

Guide to Air Force Speak

Flucospider

Star
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2008
Fluvanna
With apologies to all my Air Force brothers, but too good to resist...

NavyMarineterms.jpg

too funny. Fluco, if you have not read john feinstein's A CIVIL WAR, ARMY, NAVY FOOTBALL, need to do it. players at both academies talk about how easy their bros have it in colorado springs compared to their duties. i used to play baseball as a kid on an army base and we visited navy and air force bases to play other teams and still remember how nice the langley air force base was compared to the other services.

Good one Fluco. Knew a married man and woman who both entered the Navy Chaplain Corps. The way they told the story was that they also applied to be Air Force Chaplains. Navy told them to bring their running shoes and the Air Force told them to bring their golf clubs. Interservice rivalries are all in good fun and all veterans are thanked for their service.

Fluco, I play golf on occasion with a guy who flew a B26 at the end of WW2. Up in his 80's, but still walks when he plays and flies his own plane which he built himself. He will get a big kick out of the chart above. Another member of our group(seniors at my club) was a platoon leader in Korea during that war. The chart should rouse some spirited banter between the two.

We play next Tuesday. The Air Force guy is pretty feisty, but the Army guy is so laid back that a little flack from a guy who never got his boots dirty is not likely to push him over the edge. If the old bomber pilot leaves, I'm leavin' too...he does own his own plane and who knows what relics he has stored in that hanger. Maybe if he makes a straffing run, we could hit our wedge shots high enough to knock him down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT