ADVERTISEMENT

Good Morning from Buffalo

SpiderDad75

Team Manager
Gold Member
May 12, 2020
How is the Spider Fam feeling this morning? Let’s Gooooo! What an amazing experience for the team, the fans, and parents. Only being here for 2 yrs don’t have the built up frustration or love you guys have had but it was absolutely surreal seeing your child be a part a massive upset! We absolutely love being at UR! Can’t wait till tomorrow and onward into the futURe 🕷🏀

How is the Spider Fam feeling this morning? Let’s Gooooo! What an amazing experience for the team, the fans, and parents. Only being here for 2 yrs don’t have the built up frustration or love you guys have had but it was absolutely surreal seeing your child be a part a massive upset! We absolutely love being at UR! Can’t wait till tomorrow and onward into the futURe 🕷🏀
I’m still hyped, locked and loaded for Saturday game.

My Spider gang sitting in breakfast room at downtown Hilton Garden Inn (formely know as the UCONN team hotel) with the Hurley extended family is ... including Dad Hurley and lots of kids .. Dan is not present. I suspect they will all be checking out soon.

Last edited:
Hangovers abound

Feeling great, dad! This is what we've all been yearning for for the past 10 yrs...the big question is where has this team been all season. While we've seen flashes of brilliance this yr, the last 4.5 games is what we've been expecting all season! Love the energy, passion, and grit! Gonna enjoy this all day and get my game face on tomorrow! Enjoy upstate NY!!!

Sometimes we have seen flashes of brilliance from next year's team. It will be fun watching the next group of Spiders, who will leave their mark on the University of Richmond.

Feeling great SpiderDad! Knew this team had the potential and so glad they are realizing it before it was too late — there’s nothing worse than wondering what could have been.

Also, giving major props to Mooney on how he managed yesterdays game. Took a good timeout when momentum shifted as Iowa took the lead in the second half. And more importantly, recognized the size of Iowa and went to a Goose / Crabtree rotation.

I’ve watched Providence a few games this year and think we match up very well actually. Looking forward to tomorrow as I think we will surprise people again!

Also, giving major props to Mooney on how he managed yesterdays game. Took a good timeout when momentum shifted as Iowa took the lead in the second half. And more importantly, recognized the size of Iowa and went to a Goose / Crabtree rotation.
Speaking of rotations, noticed there was a stretch where we rolled out Gilyard, Burton, Cayo, Grace, and Golden (probably due to foul trouble). That was a creative lineup decision by Mooney that ended up working pretty well for a few minutes.

Speaking of rotations, noticed there was a stretch where we rolled out Gilyard, Burton, Cayo, Grace, and Golden (probably due to foul trouble). That was a creative lineup decision by Mooney that ended up working pretty well for a few minutes.
Yup that’s true! I can’t remember this rotation at any point during the season. A preview of the lineup we will see against a big Kansas team?

My Spider gang sitting in breakfast room at downtown Hilton Garden Inn (formely know as the UCONN team hotel) with the Hurley extended family is ... including Dad Hurley and lots of kids .. Dan is not present. I suspect they will all be checking out soon.

Similar situation at Hyatt which was the Iowa team hotel. Let’s just say perhaps there was some over confidence there. They have a huge bracket board right in lobby. Fun seeing Richmond name’s put thru on that.

Similar situation at Hyatt which was the Iowa team hotel. Let’s just say perhaps there was some over confidence there. They have a huge bracket board right in lobby. Fun seeing Richmond name’s put thru on that.
Cool - a few of us are moving to Hyatt from Hilton garden inn

Mooney definitely deserves props. He was pressing all the right buttons, and the players came up big. Great job all around.

Keep it up guys! Go Spiders!

Hey it's Friday night. Head out and find a fish fry somewhere, a WNY tradition.

Mooney definitely deserves props. He was pressing all the right buttons, and the players came up big. Great job all around.

Keep it up guys! Go Spiders!
Just heard a crazy stat during the OSU broadcast.

Across all of division one, 430 seniors returned for the extra year of eligibility. Only 30 of those returned to their current school with 4 of them being from Loyola Chicago.

6 of them are from Richmond. As I’ve said many times before, I can’t think of a better measure of the culture of the program and Mooney deserves most of the credit. Though, we all know Richmond is a special place on its own so can’t give him all the credit.

Has Dan been detained?

• Haha
Reactions: spider fan
Just heard a crazy stat during the OSU broadcast.

Across all of division one, 430 seniors returned for the extra year of eligibility. Only 30 of those returned to their current school with 4 of them being from Loyola Chicago.

6 of them are from Richmond. As I’ve said many times before, I can’t think of a better measure of the culture of the program and Mooney deserves most of the credit. Though, we all know Richmond is a special place on its own so can’t give him all the credit.
Wait? so 10 of 30 at those two schools?

Wait? so 10 of 30 at those two schools?
Yes. That’s the stat they used on the broadcast. Loyola also uses it on their website.

“There were 430 men’s basketball players nationally who took an additional pandemic season, and only 30 are concluding their college careers at the same school. Four of those 30 are Ramblers.”

Feeling great SpiderDad! Knew this team had the potential and so glad they are realizing it before it was too late — there’s nothing worse than wondering what could have been.

I’ve watched Providence a few games this year and think we match up very well actually. Looking forward to tomorrow as I think we will surprise people again!

yes it was a good timeout & unlike his practice in past. Then we scored, got a stop, then got fouled going into the TV timeout coming back with Ft’s. Not waiting for just the tv timeout was key moment in game. We got settled from both stoppages & controlled rest of the game after Iowa 11-0 run.

our D has made close near a 180 the last week. Very impressive the toughness showing there.

our fans were the best of the afternoon session.

I’m sure some of these points have been made in other threads but hard to keep up right now.

To answer your question Dad, hoarse, hung over, and tired from my all day adrenaline high. I'm so excited for you. As many of us know, it's hard sitting in the stands when a loved one is playing. Hang in there.
No question…I was telling my wife, Dji has been apart of some huge games during his career but nothing compares to the feeling right now, just magical. I mean we all know he’s not playing but he’s been just as excited as everyone else. Which makes me even more excited once he has his opportunity. Let’s go 🕷🏀

No question…I was telling my wife, Dji has been apart of some huge games during his career but nothing compares to the feeling right now, just magical. I mean we all know he’s not playing but he’s been just as excited as everyone else. Which makes me even more excited once he has his opportunity. Let’s go 🕷🏀
Dji Dad, I’m so excited for him and that he is a part of the team. I was a manager of the team in the mid 70s when Sloan, Goetz and Tarrant were coaches.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
The feeling will be much more sweet when Dji brings us back to the tourney next year. Anybody that participates in team sports knows that the bench’s energy and how they help prepare you in practice is critical to overall success.

Another anecdote from game unseen unless u were there live was the dance off between Webstur & the Hawkeyes mascot.

the Hawkeyes mascot getting booed off the floor by mainly all the U of R fans but also other fans was underrated funny.

Another anecdote from game unseen unless u were there live was the dance off between Webstur & the Hawkeyes mascot.

the Hawkeyes mascot getting booed off the floor by mainly all the U of R fans but also other fans was underrated funny.
Did any filmed it?

The feeling will be much more sweet when Dji brings us back to the tourney next year. Anybody that participates in team sports knows that the bench’s energy and how they help prepare you in practice is critical to overall success.
He said the exact same thing about going back! In fact it was the first thing he said “and we going next year too” Love his passion and his belief in his teammates. You are exactly right about the bench and their role. It’s been tough for him to adjust but he has and doing whatever is asked of him. 🕷🏀

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT