Ernie Campbell (DL) — VMI
Jack Caussin (TE) — VMI
Jarvis Chandler (OL) — VMI
Jerry Rice (K) — VMI
Leroy Thomas (WR) — VMI
Marshall Gill (OL) — VMI
Seth Morgan (QB) — VMI
Stone Snyder (LB) — VMI

Coach resigned for this specific reason.No more team members.No graduate school.No transfers in,only transfers out.Stone Snyder would be a really nice add.

Young Wickersham is the UR heir apparent.

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1
You have 8 semesters of enrollment to compete in the Ivy League. So if you just finished your redshirt junior season, you can't compete any more.

Not sure if this applies to any of these players. Many get their degree and go someplace else if they have a year left.

Tailoring needs to cherry picking Ivies and Keydets, among others, can't be a bad move. Richmond has a lot to offer grad students.

Aaron Vardell (K) — VMI
Aladdin Elroumy (LB) — VMI
Aljareek Malry (DB) — VMI
Charles Dixon (DL) — VMI
Eric Weaver (DL) — VMI
Ernie Campbell (DL) — VMI
Jack Caussin (TE) — VMI
Jarvis Chandler (OL) — VMI
Jerry Rice (K) — VMI
Leroy Thomas (WR) — VMI
Marshall Gill (OL) — VMI
Seth Morgan (QB) — VMI
Stone Snyder (LB) — VMI

Coach resigned for this specific reason.Stone Snyder would be a nice add.

Young Wickersham is the UR heir apparent.
Stone would be a HUGE get, he is the real deal

Reactions: Ferrum Spider
High on my chart would be the short yardage RB and linemen (you can never have enough big boys)

Reactions: Spiderwiz

Stone Snyder – Linebacker - Senior
Snyder continued to dominate defensively, posting a league-high 107 tackles despite missing one game due to injury. The Richmond, Virginia native had 11-plus tackles five times this season, including a season-high 19 to go with a tackle for loss and forced fumble against Cornell. At the end of the regular season, Snyder's average of 10.7 tackles per game ranks third in the nation, and his 5.1 solo tackles per game is 29th. Among Snyder's other standout games this season were: Wake Forest (6 tackles, 0.5 TFL), No. 10 Samford (12.0 tackles, 0.5 TFL), The Citadel (18.0 tackles). Finishing his career with 339 tackles (6th among active FCS players), Snyder is just outside of the top 10 at VMI, doing so in just 38 games due to the Covid-shortened season. Snyder leaves VMI as a two-time All-American and two-time SoCon Defensive Player of the Year, and a three-time Buck Buchanan finalist for Defensive Player of the Year in FCS Football, with more postseason awards likely to come his way.

Last edited:
Division I Championship Subdivision Recruiting Calendar

August 1 – November 26, 2022: Quiet period

November 27, 2022–January 28, 2023: Contact period
During this time period, coaches can make six in-person, off-campus contacts per student-athlete. But, coaches can’t meet a recruit more than once a calendar week (Sunday through Saturday).

Except: December 18, 2022 is a quiet period

Except: December 19, 2022 – January 12, 2023 is a dead period

Except: The seven days immediately before the first day of classes of the institution’s second academic term that are not part of the contact period (applicable only to the prospective student-athletes who intend to enroll midyear): Quiet period

January 29, 2023: Quiet period

January 30 – February 2, 2023: Dead period

Can’t wait for Wickersham to take the reins . He has been very patient and looks like he can run and throw both. Really strong arm and in practice is very accurate
🕸🕷💪
Stick around tomorrow. we may very well see him in the 2nd half. promise, he will not disappoint!!! hope we can see him run. he's the fullback we currently do not have. maybe we can get 32 to post a few of his high school highlights

Last edited:
“…He’s the fullback we currently do not have. maybe we can get 32 to post a few of his high school highlights…”URTOM68

Last edited:
my limited observation makes me believe Kyle throws the better deep pass.
For next year hope I am right. Would love to see an early big lead and play plenty of young guys, good experience and makes them hungry to come back

Reactions: Resistor
“…He’s the fullback we currently do not have. maybe we can get 32 to post a few of his high school highlights…”URTOM68

Wowsa!

Remember seeing some film when he was first recruited and being excited about the signing. This is even better than my failing mind remembered. He is going to be a good one. Feeling better about post RU quarterbacking.

VMI and the IVYs should be piepline for a school like UofR. Almost always going to have eligible transfers that can make an immediate impact. Maybe he want's to come home. Another big get would be Marshall Gill, the lineman from VMI.

Reactions: mojo-spider
You obviously have not seen Kyle pass either at practice or scrimmages.
IMHO, Huesman will revert to form after this season. Huesman prefers a bruising running QB, which he had in the SOCON. If we use Wickersham as a running/ option/ RPO quarterback, he will be injured. QBs who run at this level get hurt.

Based on what evidence? RH has turned the offense over to Cosh. We run Coach Cosh's offense not Durdens. Cosh likes a passing QB. By all accounts KW is just that.
I do worry about Cosh being a candidate for the VMI HC job.

If he leaves after a National Championship win, I will take that trade.

Based on what evidence? RH has turned the offense over to Cosh. We run Coach Cosh's offense not Durdens. Cosh likes a passing QB. By all accounts KW is just that.
Cosh's offense except late in game with us up by small margin. Then RH takes over

Reactions: Spider B
I’d like to see us get a “big” back. We have good rb’s but they
are a too light for blocking or getting that 1 or 2 yds, for a 1st down
or, as we found out, a td.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT