ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Preseason 2022 Practice

Reactions: urfan1
How did this guy Herres go unnoticed by so many? Wachenheim has done what no one believed ever possible at VMI anymore. Keen eye for talent.

Booster is Herres will be surrounded by far better WR corp than at the Institute. Double teaming him opens up others possibilities that believe Cosh will exploit. Offense should be explosive, air and ground. D-Line my biggest concern, particularly with Kobie and Hanson gone.

We have serious possibilities. Go Spiders!

How did this guy Herres go unnoticed by so many? Wachenheim has done what no one believed ever possible at VMI anymore. Keen eye for talent.

Booster is Herres will be surrounded by far better WR corp than at the Institute. Double teaming him opens up others possibilities that believe Cosh will exploit. Offense should be explosive, air and ground. D-Line my biggest concern, particularly with Kobie and Hanson gone.

We have serious possibilities. Go Spiders!

”How did this guy Herres go unnoticed by so many? Wachenheim has done what no one believed ever possible at VMI anymore. Keen eye for talent”

We seem to have been out recruited by VMI at a number of positions.

For instance,How about this guy?An All American LB local Richmond kid.NFL size.

Stone Snyder - 2022 - Football - Virginia Military Institute

Other VMI transfers recently went to the Blue Hens,FIU,Buffalo among others

Last edited:
Reactions: KE Spider
PostScript to Scrimmage:

“…Defensively, just really underachieved. Right now, we’re not very good there. We’re not very good up front. We can’t rush the passer. We didn’t tackle very good today. We’ve got two weeks. We’ve got to get them better. We’ve got to figure out ways to get them better.”
Huesman gave credit to a veteran group of offensive linemen, and the rest of his offensive players, for making things challenging for the defense, but added, “defensively, we’ve got to get going there..”

THE DEFENSIVE WOES SHOULD BE ABSOLUTELY NO SURPRISE TO ANYONE.WE FAILED IN OBTAINING EXPERIENCED GRADUATE TRANSFER DEFENSIVE LINEMEN FROM THE TRANSFER PORTAL.SHAME ON OUR INEPTITUDE.
WE LOST 3 EXPERIENCED LINEMEN WITH MOTORS.
THIS NOW PUTS A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF PRESSURE ON OUR LBs and DBs.OUR LBs ARE NOT OVERSIZED.
WE MAY HAVE TO BLITZ ON EVERY PLAY IN ORDER TO PUT PRESSURE ON OPPOSING QBs OR CHANGE UP OUR DEFENSIVE ALIGNMENT.

IT ALSO PREVENTS THE OFFENSE FROM BEING CHALLENGED IN GAME PREP WEEK.
OUR OFFENSE WILL SURELY BE CHALLENGED v OTHER CAA DEFENSES COME GAMETIME.

Last edited:
I too am concerned about our defensive line but do feel there were some factors impacting the outcome today. Our offense puts a lot of pressure on a defense with quick reads and getting the ball to skill positions in space. The defense looked good at times. I was impressed with Galloway at LB when he rotated in. Also like Parker at Safety. We also need to remember Marshall was dressed but held out and one of our DBs had a class commitment today so two starters did not participate that we will have in Game 1. Improvement is needed but I think coach is just challenging our defensive guys to step it up!

Reactions: URTOM68
I too am concerned about our defensive line but do feel there were some factors impacting the outcome today. Our offense puts a lot of pressure on a defense with quick reads and getting the ball to skill positions in space. The defense looked good at times. I was impressed with Galloway at LB when he rotated in. Also like Parker at Safety. We also need to remember Marshall was dressed but held out and one of our DBs had a class commitment today so two starters did not participate that we will have in Game 1. Improvement is needed but I think coach is just challenging our defensive guys to step it up!
We can always strategize for opposing offenses to make unforced turnovers.

Reactions: urfan1

Reactions: mojo-spider

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT