ADVERTISEMENT

Darren Buchanan - 2022 Offer

giphy.gif

Many Bothans died to bring us this information (okay, I actually paid $3.99)...the latest recruiting update on Buchanan has no mention of the Spiders. Pitt seems to have backed off since his buddy Mintz decommitted, though he still has interest in them, and these are the other schools mentioned:

"Now, after putting up stellar numbers in high school play and having a solid AAU summer with Team Durant, Buchanan has seen more schools jump into the mix. He says that Rice, Quinnipiac, Wisconsin, George Mason, and Virginia Tech are all recruiting him at this point."

He just had a monster game against the #20 high school team in the country.
I have to think we're out at this point. Showed plenty of love for plenty of time. If he loved us back he'd have committed already. Shame. I thiought we were a great situation for him. Could see him stepping right in for Cayo.

Plenty of time to contact recruits given they've had seven canceled/postponed games in the past few weeks.

But yeah, Mooney should be hitting things hard right now too.

I feel like we were in there hard for a long time. as some point you read the writing on the wall. doesn't seem like he wants to be a Spider.

Not sure what took them so long, but instead of playing us tomorrow, Mason is making a scholarship offer to a guy we were after.

• Angry
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Mason is gonna show us what a really good young energetic eager coach could do in our league. Quite the contrast to the fat, happy, lifer we got running out show.

been saying this for so long. Bring in a young up-and-comer with FIRE and ENERGY and NEW IDEAS!

What's the worst that could happen? Ten, soon to be eleven, more years of NCAA tourney failures?

So we could have our choice between Ewing, David Cox or Bobby Hurley at the end of the season if we let go of Mooney.

Good times.

I'll be surprised if we're on it. think if he had interest here he'd have committed a long time ago. but who knows. I love his game.

Agreed...we seem to have dropped out of the picture, unfortunately.

He wanted to do it at halftime because Mason is in his top 5...along with GW, Georgetown, Rutgers, and VT.

Edit: I see we had the same idea at the same time during the ad break.

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT