ADVERTISEMENT

Darren Buchanan - 2022 Offer

It's ok. That is VT's M.O. to chirp and grandstand during the offseason. He will slink back into hibernation at the first sign of trouble.
Yep, that's me, right? Thanks, T, appreciate you stiring things up.

back to Buchanan, we talk about landing a Burton every couple of years. he's that kind of athlete. and from that latest video, I like his outside shot a lot. I thought he was just a high flying power guy. he's got handle and range too, along with great size.

Reactions: nathanw19
Buchanan is one of the premier unsigned seniors in the Eastern Seaboard and Southeast regions. The 6-foot-7 wing/forward from Washington (D.C.) Woodrow Wilson High showed exactly why the likes of Pittsburgh and George Washington are prioritizing him. Buchanan had a featured matchup against 2023 Rivals150 No. 49 Dennis Parker Jr., in which Buchanan scored 22 points, going 2-for-3 from three, with eight rebounds and three steals. Look for Buchanan to be in the conversation for the Rivals150 in the next update.

Article also says Parker has "has recently taken visits to NC State, Maryland and Richmond," but I'm assuming that's referring to the group unofficial visit a week or two ago.

Our Blair offer is also mentioned alongside Florida and VCU, but Curtis says Liberty is recruiting him the hardest.

I kind of expected word of a Pitt commitment on this visit by now. if we go another 24 hours without one I'll get my hopes up again.

wonder if it's between Farrell, Nguimbi and Buchanan at Pitt for one forward spot.

Buchanan’s buddy Judah Mintz decommitted from Pitt on signing day, leaving the Panthers with no early signees.

I would imagine we saw that and withdrew our offer. No room in our system to that kind of commitment to rebounding. We got way more important things to do than that when on the court!
Why do you repeatedly sabotage our program, if it is so bad and you think there is no hope. It would be better if you found another team to root for!! ( food for thought)

PhillySpider is not sabotaging our program by voicing his displeasure. He’s not on the coaching staff, Athletic Department, or administration. Those are the people who are directly responsible for the decade tournament drought (and would also be directly responsible for our success…if we ever had any).

He had a nice satirical post, and thinking your team can be better than career underachievers is hardly a reason to pick a new team

Why do you repeatedly sabotage our program, if it is so bad and you think there is no hope. It would be better if you found another team to root for!! ( food for thought)
I keep hearing this "just find a new team to root for" nonsense. Help me understand how I can do that. You must have put some thought into that. Like most of you, I spent 4 years on the UR campus pursuing a degree that served me well through the years. I bleed red and blue. It's my school. I go back to the Frank Jones/Lewis Mills days and have seen the good times and not so good times. So you're asking me and others like me to just accept this bullshit or go somewhere else. You want to get after someone for sabotaging our program for statements on a message board? Lol. You're looking in the wrong place. Most of the problems reside in offices on the Westhampton campus. Are you Bob Black or Matt Smith?

It would be better if you found another team to root for!! ( food for thought)

Kevin Bacon!*

this could me the Mooney apologist version of the Kevin Bacon game.

gcarter with the “go back to wherever u came from” equivalency. I’m sure he’s a hit at Mexican & Chinese restaurants.

*copyright Kneepad

Are you Bob Black or Matt Smith?
At least like one of the moles on the board, he admits to be buddies with PQ - so we know where he is coming from.

80's if you pay me 100,000.00 US Dollars I will give up my Spiders allegiance, delete my rivals account and be gone. Thanks for your consideration of my offer.

Sorry team, everyone has their price.

PhillySpider is not sabotaging our program by voicing his displeasure. He’s not on the coaching staff, Athletic Department, or administration. Those are the people who are directly responsible for the decade tournament drought (and would also be directly responsible for our success…if we ever had any).

He had a nice satirical post, and thinking your team can be better than career underachievers is hardly a reason to pick a new team
You have the right to my opinion as well as others.

Interesting that the best public school player in the DC area wouldn't have more offers from better schools, but I'm not complaining. Hope we can land him.

yeah, I think he's perfect at the 4 for us. defensive minded ... big ... strong and super athletic ... high motor.
Matt and Sal will come back, so we can get the center we need to pair with Walz in the next class.

but by waiting for winter, I get the feeling he's betting on himself to get bigger offers. and he's probably right. but the bigger offer might not be better.

btw ... a lot of talk of loyalty in that article. we've talked about the tremendous loyalty of our players to our coach, and vice versa. I hope that's been effectively communicated to Darren. it might be one of our biggest strengths in his recruitment. we seem to have a real family bond in our program.

Reactions: Zeeter
Sman, agree, he could absolutely be a stud 4 man for us. But just like your idea about Noyes and even Burton playing the four (which I don't think are bad ideas for us), most players think of themselves actually playing one position smaller - with an eye to playing professionally I would think. Point is probably moot, as agree that I think bigger offers will come, especially as the portal starts to fill and p6 spots open.

I call it a 4 but Mooney might not and Buchanan certainly doesn't have to. he'd be a forward and for us likely the bigger forward on the floor, but he'd still play offensively more outside than in. plenty of 3's. running the floor. I'm not saying he's an old school Tim Duncan or Kevin McHale 4, but he's certainly not a skinny wing afraid of contact.

bigger offers may come. it would be brutal to lose him to JMU though. I believe he once said he's serious about them. he's big on location and it's pretty close to home. he also said he wants a great home court environment, so fans storming the court last night after JMU beat UVA was not good for us.

I call it a 4 but Mooney might not and Buchanan certainly doesn't have to. he'd be a forward and for us likely the bigger forward on the floor, but he'd still play offensively more outside than in. plenty of 3's. running the floor. I'm not saying he's an old school Tim Duncan or Kevin McHale 4, but he's certainly not a skinny wing afraid of contact.

bigger offers may come. it would be brutal to lose him to JMU though. I believe he once said he's serious about them. he's big on location and it's pretty close to home. he also said he wants a great home court environment, so fans storming the court last night after JMU beat UVA was not good for us.
JMU has a lot of energy in their program right now. Wouldn't be shocked to see them become a better more consistent program than us in a few years. They have not only put $$$ into their athletics but also expectations as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT