ADVERTISEMENT

Crabtree’s Spider Career Comes to an End

That sucks. Guy gave it his all, when you look at footage from high school and freshman year at Tulane, he was a super talented and athletic player. Sad that the injuries robbed him of his opportunity. At least got a free education, but am sure not being able to play and play at the level he knew he could is a tough pill.
Even last season I really liked his ability to come in to games in high pressure situations and perform was something that really stood out. Wish him well.

What a great attitude from a mature young man. Like others have said I always thought he would have contributed a lot more if he could have remained healthy. My clearest memory of him is when he knocked down those two free throws cool as a cucumber in the championship game last year. Thanks for your contributions Connor!

If I'm Mooney, I'd try to work something out with George Mason for senior night where Crab is in the starting lineup and can foul right after the tip to get out of the game. Would be be a really cool moment to have him out there with the other seniors for the start of the game.

If I'm Mooney, I'd try to work something out with George Mason for senior night where Crab is in the starting lineup and can foul right after the tip to get out of the game. Would be be a really cool moment to have him out there with the other seniors for the start of the game.

Mooney has never started seniors just bc it's senior night. He'll be recognized in any ceremonies though.

• Sad
Reactions: MDspider8
Mooney has never started seniors just bc it's senior night. He'll be recognized in any ceremonies though.
Yeah, I don't think it's likely - by other seniors, I meant normal starters Goose/Grace/Tyler who I assume will be recognized that night.

Yeah, I don't think it's likely - by other seniors, I meant normal starters Goose/Grace/Tyler who I assume will be recognized that night.
Do we have 6 seniors?
Goose & Grace - Eligibility ends in May.
Burton & Crabtree- Another year of eligibility but expected to move on.
Quinn & Bigelow - Expected back 1 more year.

Really appreciate Crab, feel bad for him, and would have loved to have seen him at full ability.

Do we have 6 seniors?
Goose & Grace - Eligibility ends in May.
Burton & Crabtree- Another year of eligibility but expected to move on.
Quinn & Bigelow - Expected back 1 more year.

Really appreciate Crab, feel bad for him, and would have loved to have seen him at full ability.
That's correct for scholarships, and then Arizin is also a senior walk-on. Since we're expecting Quinn & Bigelow back, I wonder if they will recognize them or not?

Thanks Conner, sorry you suffered through these injuries, but keep the attitude you have expressed you will succeed in life.

That is sad to hear. We never really got to see what he could do. Nice kid and will do well with his UR education.

What a great attitude from a mature young man. Like others have said I always thought he would have contributed a lot more if he could have remained healthy. My clearest memory of him is when he knocked down those two free throws cool as a cucumber in the championship game last year. Thanks for your contributions Connor!
This is the list that most closely matches my thoughts. I honestly was surprised he came back to play this year after graduating last year as his injuries had already taken a toll. But he tried again and unfortunately the streak continued. Hopefully your perseverance pays off on your next endeavors Connor.

I always thought he had a big upside. Injuries have done him in sadly but his education at Tulane and Richmond will lasta lifetime. Top 5 on my list of "guys I really liked that never got a chance"

Crabtree def looked good at Tulane, never got to see it here unfortunately with all the injuries. He did battle and gave us some spot mins in the stretch ncaa run.

That would be an interesting top 5 list. who else Rick? Duinker I bet would be on lists, not sure if mine I'd have to think on that. If Chad Varga doesn't get hurt freshman year & plays instead maybe he doesn't transfer for instance. But idk if a guy like that really qualifies he was here 1 year.

I'm old, it's hard to remember the ones that didn't play. Duinker for sure. MFG first 3 years. Couple of walkons, Chu comes to mind.

Reactions: SpiderK

Feel terrible for the guy, 5 surgeries in 5 years is just so much to overcome. Always liked his game and think he would have had a big impact over the last few years if he was able to stay healthy. Best of luck to him moving forward.

love that he got to include a March Madness pic in the group that he shared. Clearly his health didn't allow things to pan out the way that anyone would have liked it to go but he got to play D1 ball, got to play in the biggest basketball spectacle on the planet, and his UR degree will serve him well in life. Best of luck in the future Connor, you will always be a Spider!

"never got the chance" for various reasons ... Josh Duinker, AD Vassallo, Marquis Godwin, Charles Stephens, Jason Morton ...

w Crabtree comparison I was thinking either injuries derailed career & PT or just severely underplayed for some other reason. so different list but that one fun to look at. Loved Stephens, I think his buddy Cunningham really got in his ear and maybe some off court stuff, but u can't say he never got the chance. Did from get go & he had a monster freshman year. That one more the "oh what could have been".

Honestly I think I might have Johnathan Collins on list. Always thought there was a little more there & he didn't get to show it until late in career.

Reactions: spiderman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT