ADVERTISEMENT

Covid omicron variant

UR80sfan

Star
Jan 28, 2018
Things are developing very quickly with the Omicron Variant Our president says that we may see hospital ICUs fill and deaths rise dramatically, while Fox News says if you are vaccinated there is little to worry about. We are beginning to see NFL,NHL and some NCAA basketball games postponed. I hope this does not disrupt our season or the attendance policy at the Robin Center. This is probably wishful thinking.

I don't want to get this to get into a political argument, but from what I have read about Omicron is that it is very mild, almost like a cold. If that is the case, I hope we are sensible about it. We will have to learn to live with this virus as it is not going to vanish completely.

I have said this before. Almost everyone on this team has had COVID. And everyone on the team has been vaccinated. Our players have nothing to fear.
nothing to fear medically...I think he means if a positive test means cancelled games tho...

The question is whether we as a nation should move forward through the pandemic and work through it, or should we shrink in fear. It is endemic and China has to pay. Meanwhile, let them play.

Support personnel at today's game were more vocal than previous games in asking people to mask up when entering the game and also when exiting the seating area into the concourse.

Enough is enough.

We should be astute enough as the science has evolved to realize that preventing infections is a fool's goal. The goal should be to minimize deaths and hospitalizations.

It appears the tools, between vaccinations and therapeutics, are in hand to do just that. Shutting down "stuff" bc of an increase in positive tests when 99%+ of the infected totally recover is insanity, particularly when Omicron is known to be highly, highly contagious, but particularly mild.

Not trying to make a political statement. Just trying to follow the science. 100% in favor of vaccinations. No problem with masks. 100% in favor of reasonable precautions - like don't take your 83 old asthmatic Grandmother with a serious heart condition to a indoor setting such as a Spider basketball game. Be sensible, but don't be afraid.

Sick of the grandstanding and over the top predictions of Armageddon. Not possible to halt the spread among 7.8 billion Earth inhabitants. It is possible to limit morbidity while pretty much living normally.

Rant over. :)

KE - wish it was that simple (re just don’t take the 80s grandma). My wife has a coworker fully vaccinated no known underlying conditions early 40s that both her & her husband are in the hospital. Hopefully both will be ok but even if ok that is a strain on the hospitals.

that being said, you’re absolutely right to take reasonable precautions and do what you can for others. Wearing a mask is simple. Getting vaccinated is both the Christian & patriotic thing to do. And please test if any symptoms before you meet up with others. Won’t eliminate all risks and we may all need to do one or two less things to benefit others.

would hope that we can continue basketball seasons without stop. Maybe that means less fans, more testing, etc.

Reactions: Eight Legger
KE - wish it was that simple (re just don’t take the 80s grandma). My wife has a coworker fully vaccinated no known underlying conditions early 40s that both her & her husband are in the hospital. Hopefully both will be ok but even if ok that is a strain on the hospitals.

that being said, you’re absolutely right to take reasonable precautions and do what you can for others. Wearing a mask is simple. Getting vaccinated is both the Christian & patriotic thing to do. And please test if any symptoms before you meet up with others. Won’t eliminate all risks and we may all need to do one or two less things to benefit others.

would hope that we can continue basketball seasons without stop. Maybe that means less fans, more testing, etc.
Christian thing to do? Oh brother!

Reactions: Spider B
I heard wearing a mask that doesn't block the virus is also the Christian thing to do, unless you are eating or drinking of course!

It's never going away. Get vaxxed/boosted and help the immune system out by getting in shape if able bodied. Find it amazing that people who never cared about personal health are now hoping this mask will keep them safe....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT