ADVERTISEMENT

Collin Tanner - 2023 Signee

I think P5 programs as well can count on transfers OUT of their programs a little more so than mid-majors. I think its more likely for players on the bench to leave P5 programs and I think P5 programs are more willing to "push" or "nudge" players out the door.

I wonder if anyone out there has done an analysis on the numbers of transfer portal players and how many come from P5 programs, and how many come from "mid-majors" and how many come from "low end" D1. Would be an interesting breakdown.

Reactions: urfan1
Well, that has been a Mooney strong point, retaining our better players. When we have transfers, it is almost always guys transferring down a bit - b/c could not earn the role they desired.
Can't remember the last guy we lost to transfer that was actually a big piece of our team. I think we may have thought that with ANO when he left, but then he became a complete waste of space at Pitt, and we had TJ, so really he would have been a back-up role here had he stayed.

The Buckingham situation still irks me but he didn't transfer, we booted him out. Loved his play, even if he seemed to hit his ceiling for CBB player in his freshman year.

Can't remember the last guy we lost to transfer that was actually a big piece of our team. I think we may have thought that with ANO when he left, but then he became a complete waste of space at Pitt, and we had TJ, so really he would have been a back-up role here had he stayed.

The Buckingham situation still irks me but he didn't transfer, we booted him out. Loved his play, even if he seemed to hit his ceiling for CBB player in his freshman year.
Khwan Fore. He was an important piece on Louisville after transferring.

He became a starter for them as a solid defender, but he only averaged 3 points a game and scored a total of 111 points. They were pretty much playing 4-on-5 on offense when he was in the game.

Gipe stopping by to check in with Tanner, I assume. Maybe stopping in to see Kendall Campbell and some other guys too?

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Is that Mooney sitting in the chair chatting under the side basket at the end of the table? I can't tell for sure, but it definitely looks like him. Oh, and nice dime.

Is that Mooney sitting in the chair chatting under the side basket at the end of the table? I can't tell for sure, but it definitely looks like him. Oh, and nice dime.
I think so. looks like he was talking and missed the pass though!
great to see the nice look as the other videos I saw from that run had most guys going one on one.

Hope we've got a month-to-month lease on a crash pad down there in Lincolnton...

spending a lot of time there.
wonder if we're just continuing to build the relationship ... or are we worried someone might poach?
or maybe looking at another from "The Farm"?

do we spend as much time with other verbals?

Reactions: urfan1
Despite the sting on striking out on Ball and Durkin, re-watching some Tanner highlights, really like the looks of his game and potential. His athleticism does not jump off the page, but he looks like the type that another year of hs/prep and he could pop. The shooting and quick decision making with the ball look really translatable to the next level. Good rebounder, good hoops IQ and awareness. A ton to like here.

Reactions: spiderman
Collin is one of my sons best friends he is actually going to the NC State football game with us ( sorry NC State aum) anyway he is a great kid from a great family he has vacationed with us many times. You guys are getting a hard working team player . I hope nothing but the best for him!

Collin is one of my sons best friends he is actually going to the NC State football game with us ( sorry NC State aum) anyway he is a great kid from a great family he has vacationed with us many times. You guys are getting a hard working team player . I hope nothing but the best for him!
Thanks for sharing .. hope you are able to make it up to the RVA to see some of his games in the years ahead.

Looks great. Really like his standing vertical, looks springy off 2 feet that way. Looks very composed in these highlights, similar to the tweet above. Hoping that tagline on the end of the video is just standard type thing.

So much fun watching these guys go on a ridiculous tear. Thanks for making March fun. Best of luck to the guys moving on. Proud to be a Spider, thrilled that you are Spiders. Hope you’re like TJ and come back to support your school in big games to come. Go Spiders!

Only u said to be banned. There r & have been situations where it’s justified. & I’m not a fan of obvious trolls. But this is nothing like that.

we have a loyal but smaller community we should be looking to grow it. U haven’t been around too long but there are lot of good posters who I wish were still here.

Yes, seems like he is in about as good a spot as an assistant can be. I'm sure his wife probably enjoys the bay area. Sounds like the kids like it. I thought Charlotte was a good spot with young roster on the upswing. Probably a good lifestyle decision. He would be on the hot seat pretty quickly in Charlotte if he did not have immediate results. I think he would have been successful but he is in a great position in GS and will probably have more opportunities to his liking in coming years.

GSW “Gilyard” jersey…

Guess another ceremony at Combine now that Campbell has decided?

Opponent Tracker 11/25/2022:

San Francisco vs Davidson - 2:00 ESPN+
Loyola Chicago vs Harvard - 2:00 ESPN+
BYU vs Dayton - 3:30 ESPNU
Coppin State vs #23 Maryland - 4:00
St. Bonaventure vs Notre Dame - 4:00 ESPN+
#25 Iowa vs Clemson - 7:00 CBSSN
William & Mary vs Pittsburgh - 7:00 ESPN+/ACCNX

So there’s inconsistent, and then there’s losing to William & Mary. I think it’s polishing a turd a bit.

“We’ll get ‘em next time.”

REECE ! Great day to be a Spider. Won the Dudley & won by 30 in hoops.

Duquesne in Pittsburgh tonight.

You certainly have a point about negativity, but, that is not what is keeping the UR basketball program down. Team/program wins, negativity immediately goes away.

You win by hiring a good coach who runs a good program. When you keep a mediocre to poor (record is all one needs to know if they don't understand the intricacies of the game) coach in place for 18 + years, the fault is squarely on the shoulders of the decision-makers.

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT