ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching News

Agree - leavings/firings are often embellished by high sounding euphemisms to make the school and the public "feel better".

Bronco Mendenhall is leaving UVA by his own choice. Word is that OC and DC were asked to leave and Bronco said we came here as a family/team and we will leave as a family/team.
hard to believe the AD asked the OC to be fired...he developed Armstrong to a potential Heisman level...scoring points wasn't usually the problem for the Cavs...the defense that's another story and a puzzling one...Bronco was a former DC if I'm not mistaken...

I will miss his unusual coaching beliefs and press conferences...

Go Spiders!

Hoos had similiar situation to us in the dynamic that when the first string QB got hurt the backup performed inadequately.

i love it vmi could allways score , should be exciting , surprised he would want to come with things being so unsettled , may take awhile for system to take hold

Always seemed like Durden had full control of the offense - knowing Russ has a defensive background, I can see a young OC liking the freedom. And easier to recruit to UR than VMI.

I’m shocked. I think Elko would be great but can’t believe he turned down so many other opportunities to take the Duke job.

Not sure every one heard, last nite at the SHSU game it was announced that SHSU- OC Ryan Carty will be delaware's next head coach. the hens could not get the filet mignon with KC, so they settled on the pork chop.

Reactions: urfan1
Huesman didn’t look like a bad hire at the time. He quickly made it look worse with who he hired as his assistants. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn’t. I think the issue is that we have an AD that is afraid (it seems) to make changes. Things change, it’s why so few coaches stay at one place for a long time.

Reactions: Spider B
I was very excited for Huesman. Of course I am not the athletic director, didn’t get a chance to interview him and generally knew nothing about him other than he coached our great defense and seemed to do well at UTC. I suspect that’s about all most of us knew about him.

It’s possible he really did check all the right boxes at the time and just turned out to be a dud anyway. Or maybe the powers that be should have seen the warning signs at the time, I don’t know.

Durden was the biggest problem. RH should of fired him after year 1 after failing to make the playoffs with a NFL QB and 17 returning starters from a playoff team. Someone should of had to pay for that.

Didn't like that we didn't sign a ton of players, but hopeful we can land a few of the VMI transfers and maybe get Udinski from Maryland to transfer back down considering he was a backup this past year.

I didn't really expect a RH firing after winning 4 straight, so am at least happy Durden is gone. Took way to long and killed a ton of fan interest as a result. Just sucks we haven't accomplished anything the past 5 years and essentially going back into rebuilding mode after losing 22 players.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT