ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching News

Jan 26, 2015
From Pete Thamals Twitter (Yahoo Sports)

Sources: Charlotte expected to hire Charles Bankins as special teams coordinator. Charlotte also expected to hire Richmond DC Adam Braithwaite as the linebacker coach. Both bring extensive college experience and have crossed path with Charlotte HC Will Healy.

West,Lacy,Wood remain on D side.Wonder if Lacy gets nod?

Braithwaite went from UR DC to UNCC linebackers coach.Curious.

Last edited:
It's an upward move, nothing too shocking I don't think. Did he ever cross paths with Healy though?

It didnt feel like AB did a lot to distinguish himself during his tenure here ... But losing a Coordinator to a CUSA position coach job seems suboptimal.

I just think he saw the you tube videos of club lit...

I’m curious what we do. We need some new energy on our staff. I’d like to see Durden move on or at least someone else to call plays but not sure that’ll happen.

Reactions: Under Center
32, would not surprise me if russ takes over the DC. its late, and the field may not be to his liking !!

Too late in the game to find anyone external, I guess? Not sure if they can be "well-deserved" promotions since they only happened because someone else left...

Reactions: CarolinaSpider
Too late in the game to find anyone external, I guess? Not sure if they can be "well-deserved" promotions since they only happened because someone else left...

Better send this person an email or a tweet and straighten him out.Tell him that you know that there were no outside candidates considered(which there were) and tell him that internal promotions because somebody left for another company aren’t really promotions.That it’s all bullshit.
Put us all on copy too.

Make sure you point out to this guy that Braithwaite was officially at UR for signing day on Feb 5 and that his official announcement at UNCC was on Feb 10.

Last edited:
My experience is that "co" anything rarely, very rarely is a prescription for success. Concerning.

Better send this person an email or a tweet and straighten him out.Tell him that you know that there were no outside candidates considered(which there were) and tell him that internal promotions because somebody left for another company aren’t really promotions.That it’s all bullshit.
Put us all on copy too.

Make sure you point out to this guy that Braithwaite was officially at UR for signing day on Feb 5 and that his official announcement at UNCC was on Feb 10.

Calm down, chippy. I was merely asking a question.

Calm down, chippy. I was merely asking a question.
I simply said send this guy an email and straighten him out and put us on copy.No offense intended.
This guy needs to learn from experienced,enlightened,knowledgeable and accomplished alumni.

Last edited:
32, with eligible candidates, it keeps coming back "cost-savings" which lies w/ JH and not russ, unless it was just too late, and russ did not want to change the schemes

speaking of that , interested to see how many renew there tickets, i am not that hopeful for the season but i would not happy unless i was there win or lose, maybe it will be a great year, any word on how parking passes will be done this year?

My experience is that "co" anything rarely, very rarely is a prescription for success. Concerning.

seems to be working ok for Clemson

that being said, I don’t think we have that same situation. This sure seems to be a way to avoid an extra salary

Reactions: Under Center
seems to be working ok for Clemson

that being said, I don’t think we have that same situation. This sure seems to be a way to avoid an extra salary

We need to fly to the StonyBrook(400 mi),Yale(415 mi)and UNH(605 mi) rather than bus on Fridays up I-95.The $$$ from Pitt should cover those flights assuming we bus to Pitt(350 mi).If we fly to Pitt,we’ll need that “extra” salary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spidermaniac
Just another reason not to renew season tickets again.
Agree there are a lot of reasons not to renew, which I'm not. Had to laugh at today's email about renewals. Think they've already heard from a lot of us that there's no way we're buying the mediocrity they're selling, so they're reducing ticket prices. And why buy anything now, even if you do go to some games? Can get cheap tickets any day of the week. Feel for the players, but can't support AD keeping this staff after the last 2 pitiful seasons.

Reactions: spiderhawk111
High and Tight right? for the past 3 yrs the only thing that was H&T was me leaving the peanut brothers tailgate party. if russ was serious about a running game and could not recruit a big back, he certainly could try some of our tight ends I suggested this to him in an email last summer. I was suggesting ben maffee, big athletic kid, seldom used. this was for short yardage and goal line situations only, I got the usual ho-hum, yada,yada.response. finally he would have fired the OC. last year we were #8 out of 12 teams in the league in rushing yardage

Regally think we need to keep this staff together for another 5 years. Only after missing the playoffs for 8 seasons do you really find your groove and have the best class ever...

Reactions: WP02alum and Hanca
Appreciate the link 32. McDonnell is a heck of a coach. College football, and specifically the CAA, is better with him on the sideline (as in coaching).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT