ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Rocco

BeavCowboy

Starter
Aug 12, 2003
Inherited a mess.We have obstacles most of our conference's public-school brethern don't, with our high tuition discouraging walk-ons and our academic standards (our choice) being more stringent that most of the teams we play (I will give W&M a pass. Public school or not, they do things right).

He is now 21-11 at UR. Three of those losses were to FBS teams; had we played strictly an FCS schedule, he would most likely be 24-8. Many of those wins have come with a backup QB. Perhaps it's time for people to acknowledge he can coach.

Mmm we looked iffy a lot this season and didn't look great today. Big win, but let's see how we finish against opponents we should beat. If he goes 12-0 in November, then hats off.

We were a little down after UNH game and although we did win a big game today, I haven't seen us correct glaring problems.

Redzone= terrible
Consistent run game= not there

Bob Trott D has shown it can stop anyone who wants to run, but curious if we will step up against a pass heavy team in playoffs (like Fordham)

Now, with Strauss, this may be a blowout, so that's not DR fault, but still disappointed in RZ offense.

We can critique Coach Rocco all you want but to win eleven of your last thirteen with the two losses to a FBS and a top 2 FCS team on the last drive of the game after leading all day, you can't argue with the final result and product on the field. We still have not played our best football game and should continue to get better. I think we can say the program is back on solid footing

I think one thing this coaching staff does well is player development. This has added to our depth and is much of the reason for our strong November finishes in the past. We are again now seeing some young talent,especially on defense make a difference as the season gets into the final stages.

Michael Rocco has not had surgery so could return by the end of the season according to reliable sources. Definitely not vs Maine but after that is a possibility.

of course, let us lose a game, not make the playoffs and his head is on the chopping block again, at least on here. to me, big picture-wise, he has been building the program back up, numbers wise, we are doing great and that is very important to being consistent. we have had a ton of injuries which is bad but on the other hand, it puts younger guys out there to gain confidence and build depth. a real key to any football program is the assistants and let's face it, we, or most fcs schools, do not pay a lot in that area, so retaining some consistency in that area is vital to success on a long term basis. though we have not had the playoff success that we want, feel we are getting ourselves in position to be in that picture for years to come.

much rather be in our position than say tech. a legend, an alum, at the helm and his days have passed and like bowden at fl state and paterno at penn state, he won't step down and his friends won't tell him to step down so he stays on because you don't want to, can't fire him, would not be right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT