ADVERTISEMENT

Clawson

Dave and Catherine Clawson give $250,000 for scholarship fund | Wake Forest News

Reactions: urfan1
I was recently a guest on a podcast and I talked about Dave Clawson for a little bit plus have some love to Richmond football. Check out: tales for the transfer portal.

Did not know where to really put something about Kobie Turner but figured Clawson bragging on him would be as good a place as any. Good for Kobie, hope he gets lots of attention from scouts as year goes on.

“Our defensive line, the effort that those guys play with has been outstanding,” Clawson said. Every week I can show seven or eight clips of effort hustle plays by Kobie Turner. He's just relentless

Did not know where to really put something about Kobie Turner but figured Clawson bragging on him would be as good a place as any. Good for Kobie, hope he gets lots of attention from scouts as year goes on.

“Our defensive line, the effort that those guys play with has been outstanding,” Clawson said. Every week I can show seven or eight clips of effort hustle plays by Kobie Turner. He's just relentless
Just an add on

Malik Mustapha our other former Spider at Wake Forest is the leading tackler for the Deacons to this point for the year with 21, as well as 2 forced fumbles and 2 sacks.

Reactions: KE Spider

When Frank Jones was building Richmond into a respectable D-1 program back in the late 60’s ,
he and his coaches pretty much alienated any player that quit the team. He’s probably rolling
over in his grave, with some of you wishing players that thumbed their nose at our program, well.
I don’t get it. They think they are better than us. Why wish them well?
I hope they ride the bench.

When Frank Jones was building Richmond into a respectable D-1 program back in the late 60’s ,
he and his coaches pretty much alienated any player that quit the team. He’s probably rolling
over in his grave, with some of you wishing players that thumbed their nose at our program, well.
I don’t get it. They think they are better than us. Why wish them well?
I hope they ride the bench.
You mean, doing the same thing Clawson did? Leaving UR for a better gig?

I'll never denigrate someone for trying to improve their lives. Coaching and playing FBS football at Wake is a step up from coaching and playing at FCS Richmond. That's just a fact of life.

Reactions: VT4700 and urfan1

I'll never denigrate someone for trying to improve their lives. Coaching and playing FBS football at Wake is a step up from coaching and playing at FCS Richmond. That's just a fact of life.
Football is a business and leaving for a $million dollar payday as OC at a SEC school is a huge move even from a
FCS coaching position. Heck Clausen left with a championship caliber team in place. He left the plate full.

I am not saying that we shouldn’t understand their reasons, nor am I denigrating them.
But I don’t see any reason to wish the prodigal son a hardy slap,on the back and a “go get ‘em
kid” salutation.
With the exception of Clawson, no one is leaving us in a better situation, but just the contrary.
You wish them well, as a human, but not as an ex-Spider in my book.

I appreciate what Coach Cosh brought to our university. How did we feel about him leaving VMI to come to Richmond? I bet you were excited to see what he was bring to the program .

I appreciate what Coach Cosh brought to our university. How did we feel about him leaving VMI to come to Richmond? I bet you were excited to see what he was bring to the program .
I don’t think when I put Up my post we were talking about coaches. Actually, if coaches have been good, and Cosh was,
they do leave us with something.

The Demon Deacs are an ACC anomaly, or more, due to Clawson…who could have ever imagined WFU competing for the ACC football Championship year in and year out? He’s turned WF into a football school

Surprised no one here has speculated whether, or not, he has been contacted by old friend Coach Huesman to see if he has anyone on his staff ready to step into an OC job…the Deacons powerful offense has been a trademark of his teams at Wake..,

Go Spiders!

Reactions: KE Spider
Based on transfers going back and forth over the past few years between the Spids and Deacs and I assume less public whispering on potential recruits, seems to be lasting and respectful relationship between Russ and Clawson.

Based on transfers going back and forth over the past few years between the Spids and Deacs and I assume less public whispering on potential recruits, seems to be lasting and respectful relationship between Russ and Clawson.
I would say that is true. Clawson has a feeling of loyalty to Richmond, as does Beilein . And, I think that it
also shows that he respects Huessman. All of which refutes what a lot of you like to say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT