ADVERTISEMENT

City Stadium football memory

Wood Hall

Team Manager
Jan 26, 2015
Halftime brawl vs. VMI, either 1974 or 1975.

12002216_10205830654543684_7499799593677730068_n.jpg

I feel like I remember the spider on an atv passed vmi crowd, kangaroo chased him up into ur crowd and knocked down an old lady one year.

I would say 75 based on a familiar face in photo. VMI came to UR in fall 1973 and Barty scored a shortish yardage td meeting a VMI db near the goal line and launching him backward into the end zone as Barty went in otherwise unscathed. In my kids sports years they were in various teams and two of the dads were VMI dbs from that era, both denied being sent into orbit.

Yeah, I remember the dude with the sunglasses, but can't remember his name. I think it was several SAEs or Phi Kaps that started throwing haymakers. We Pikes were probably too busy drinking.

I was at game and visitor side loaded with keydets. If I remember the frat boys had a cannon in the endzone track under score board and blew up a six foot Kangaroo. The drunk frat boys got swarmed by a bunch of keydets and had their butts handed too them. It was good entertainment

Frat boys? I gather you weren’t in a fraternity.?
And why would you call it good entertainment to watch a number
of Spiders get their butt kicked by Keydets! Why weren’t you there to help
fight off the Keydets?

Frat boys? I gather you weren’t in a fraternity.?
And why would you call it good entertainment to watch a number
of Spiders get their butt kicked by Keydets! Why weren’t you there to help
fight off the Keydets?
First of all the Keydets once that kangaroo exploded came out of the stands like a
locust plague and second of all 5-6 drunk guys lasted about 30 seconds and it was all over.
it could have been another battle of New Market. Besides most of us were still laughing about the stunt.
I was in the business frat but hung around Lamba Chi. Lastly it also ended quick due to police also
were stationed under scoreboard along with EMS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT