ADVERTISEMENT

Changes that would help our representation

AnnapSpider

Graduate Assistant
May 8, 2003
Annapolis, MD
There are two things that I think would help change things in what has become a seriously unpopular
representation in Congreas .
First: Term limits
Secondly: All Congressmen and Senators must take and pass an Econ 101 course. .

Last edited:
There are two things that I think would help change things in what has become a seriously unpopular
representation in Congreas .
First: Term limits
Secondly: All Congressmen and Senators must take and pass an Econ 101 course. .

Eh.... Just get the F**** money out of politics. There is no shortage of corrupt politicians when you start paying em so term limits will not fix that, not that I am a fan of career politicians or advocating for it. I still laugh my ass off at the R and D rhetoric that people peddle when all they need to do is look that they both are paid off by the same corps and realize ECONOMICALLY that both parties are the same when it comes to not expanding/protecting the middle class and disenfranchising the lower class.

It really isn't that hard to see. Monied interest (Often times dark and untraced) funnels divisive media rhetoric that gets friends and neighbors to argue over stupid social issues that have no real bearing on the majority of Americans if they just stop being either so hateful or unapologetically individualistic and defensive about anyone with a different world view of theirs.

Americans by and large have no idea how out political system works and that was decades in the work. We are a confidently incorrect bunch. I cant believe some of the partisan non sense I see by some of the people on here. IDK how anyone can think they are always 100% in the right but by god I see it nearly every post in the OT forum. Then they retreat to their tribes, pat themselves on the back and dehumanize the opposition. Americans want by and large everything and if they cant have it they look for easy outlets to blame. Any sort of compromise is considered dirty these days. Even some of the most blow hard conservatives and liberals in the 60s and 70s would actually work together to pass some legislation. Now people decry anything if it isn't 100% of what they want.

Reactions: Eight Legger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT