ADVERTISEMENT

Championship rings

I should get one too. It took a ton of griping by me to get this team an A-10 championship. Your welcome.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Sounds like you definitely qualify under the "members of the Richmond basketball family that really helped us along the road to win the A-10 and get to the NCAA tournament" criteria.
Agreed, 😊

I can’t believe one whole side of the ring is dedicated to the HC and the year is actually on the bottom.

hmm…I’d think just Mooney’s ring is dedicated to Mooney HC. Looks like example used & that side is a placeholder…& player own names & probably their # would go there. Gotta think their own names make the ring. But we do weird sh*t sometimes so I guess there’s a chance they all say Mooney but I hope not.

Yeah, the rings are traditionally customized with player names, so that's undoubtedly the Mooney sample. The Mooney HC thing for everyone would be too weird even for us.

• Haha
Reactions: plydogg and urfan1
hmm…I’d think just Mooney’s ring is dedicated to Mooney HC. Looks like example used & that side is a placeholder…& player own names & probably their # would go there. Gotta think their own names make the ring. But we do weird sh*t sometimes so I guess there’s a chance they all say Mooney but I hope not.
This makes perfect sense, of course if the article had used a player’s ring or even showed a few rings it would have been very clear. So I wonder what that side has for the administrators and the “basketball family” rings - last name and donation total?

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Members of the University of Richmond’s 2022 A-10 men’s basketball title team will not see their championship rings until presented on Nov. 11, when the Spiders meet Northern Iowa at the Robins Center.

Hmm, think that could be why they didn't use a player ring for the photoshoot, so as not to spoil the moment?

I have about seven of these rings, from the summer college wood bat baseball team I work for. Each one is personalized. They are pretty substantial.

It will be a pretty cool night for the players.

Yeah, the rings are traditionally customized with player names, so that's undoubtedly the Mooney sample. The Mooney HC thing for everyone would be too weird even for us.
"Yeah, the rings are traditionally customized with player names, so that's undoubtedly the Mooney sample."
correct

Reactions: urfan1
Hmm, think that could be why they didn't use a player ring for the photoshoot, so as not to spoil the moment?

It will be a pretty cool night for the players.

Also from the article:
“They already know what the rings look like because they provided input on the design, a simple, traditional appearance meant to stand the test of time.”

So “No” is my answer to your question.

I also was obviously partially brain dead last night when I read the article and looked at the rendering. Still seems like a strange choice to me though.

I do agree that it will be a great night for the players and I am looking forward to the celebration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT