ADVERTISEMENT

Cayo goes pro

Looks like that league is just a Canadian summer Pro League. So I am guessing he will play there, hope to put up good stats and maybe make another pro team. I think Canada has a pro league - NBL - with just 6 teams, so maybe thought is he can play in the summer up there and maybe sign with one of those teams. Can't blame him - he gets to play at home, make some money. I bet with COVID the past 2 years - he probably has not even been across the border.

Cayo started in the very first game of the CEBL season today, but the Alliance fell to the Hamilton Honey Badgers, 80–72.

He had 9 points on 4-of-6 shooting and 1-of-3 from the line, so he hasn't changed a bit. :)

He also pulled down 7 boards and had a pair of assists, a steal, and a turnover.

Most of the guys are Canadian (there's probably a requirement about that) and the majority did play D-I ball in the U.S., but frequently at lower levels (sometimes starting out at JUCOs).

A few of the guys played college ball in Canada...Nate's younger brother Sammy also plays for Montreal and went that route.

At least 70% of your team needs to be made up of Canadian players. The league has only been around for 3 years, but has had some guys sign 10 day contracts with NBA teams.

Montreal is struggling, having lost 6 in a row now to fall to 3–8. On the plus side, Cayo scored 19 today and leads Montreal in both scoring (12.8 ppg) and rebounding (4.8 rpg). He's even shooting 100% from three on the season. (Okay, he's 1-for-1.)

Montreal is struggling, having lost 6 in a row now to fall to 3–8. On the plus side, Cayo scored 19 today and leads Montreal in both scoring (12.8 ppg) and rebounding (4.8 rpg). He's even shooting 100% from three on the season. (Okay, he's 1-for-1.)
Thanks. Do they do free throw shooting in Canada?

Reactions: jimbog
So I learned a fascinating tidbit about Nate’s regression last year at the charity stripe. Seems someone outside the coaching staff got in his head about his form and he couldn’t be steered back.

You’d think at some point he’d look at the stats and disregard whatever advice he’d been given.

So I learned a fascinating tidbit about Nate’s regression last year at the charity stripe. Seems someone outside the coaching staff got in his head about his form and he couldn’t be steered back.

You’d think at some point he’d look at the stats and disregard whatever advice he’d been given.
Probably Shaq or Rodman are the culprits . Jr and Sr years all were comfortable with Cayo at the line.

Dislike. Intensely.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Congratulations to Nate.

GKiller - My wife pointed this fact out to me hours before your post, so no like for you - lol.

Congratulations to Nate.

GKiller - My wife pointed this fact out to me hours before your post, so no like for you - lol.
I'll never forgot Nate's Dad at both the Davidson A10 final game and Iowa game leading our section behind the bench in cheer after cheer in the tension filled minutes of the 2nd half stretch.

And a Cayo update and if you don't know Polish "Nathan Cayo with @KK_Astoria
pushes under the basket like Clyde Ellis from the 2005/06 season 💪🏽 14 points to the break 🔥 #plkpl"

Reactions: Section9.RowD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT