ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Lang - 2023 Offer

Stanford visit...not sure if official or unofficial, but it's still early.

we love to point out when we're a substantially better school than a competitor. well, we can't here. NW is practically an ivy. and their alumni network is infinitely more impressive than ours. and it's in the Big 10. and yeah, it's closer to Canada which may nor may not have been a factor.

Richmond would have been a great choice for Hunger. but so is Northwestern. I think he'd win more here, but I also don't think that's his top priority.

Stanford is a similar level school but with better basketball. I don't think that's a fight we'll often win.

Carter came up today since he's been a Team Loaded teammate of Smith, so timely to note that he just got an offer from Rice. Guess he's trying to collect the complete set of all-academic school offers.

Not sure where we stand with Lang…haven’t seen much about him being mentioned with us recently.

Vandy offer and official visit...

Last edited:
No mention of UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND in this piece...

At this point, outside of Stanford, Vanderbilt appears to be the program that is on Lang the hardest. He took an official visit in mid-June and they too have let him know they really value what he can bring to their program.

“I’d say next to Stanford, one of the hardest schools recruiting me is Vanderbilt,” Lang said. “I’d say they’re on me the hardest with Stanford. I took an official to Vanderbilt last week. Tuesday and Wednesday (June 14-15).”

Looking ahead to a decision, Lang is hoping to trim his list later this summer, take official visits in the late summer/early fall, and have a decision made in October:

“I’ll narrow it down in August, take my officials in September, and commit in October.”

Well he earned a degree from Stanford so that is a nice shiny fob to hold that will serve him well.

When it comes to recruiting, all know you win some recruits while others give you the finger. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT