ADVERTISEMENT

Can Richmond University keep it close Saturday?

Can Richmond University keep it close Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ll just say Richmond since that seems to be the only safe name. My bad!

I do have a confession. Scotty McGee is my nephew, but we are a Webstur family through and through!

Mom, Scotty's punt return fired up the Richmond Spiders team so much , we went on to win a National Championship, so be sure and thank him for us.

That would certainly put some shine in a otherwise lack luster (no playoff) season
If that shine got put on a lack luster season and the Spiders beat W & M, I would think the committee would have to take a hard look at a 6-2 CAA team that beat the committees #2 who just took the committees #10 apart the week before. Not to mention that shine got put on the season, the Spiders would have beaten four ranked teams (at the time played, three of them away). I realize the Fordham loss is bad, but Yale might well end up second in the IVY with a win this weekend, and even if they lose they would not be considered that bad a loss.
Spiders might not make it in at 7-5, but they would certainly IMO get a hard look.
Let's just hope we all get the chance to sweat it out on selection day.

Reactions: spiderjpo
If that shine got put on a lack luster season and the Spiders beat W & M, I would think the committee would have to take a hard look at a 6-2 CAA team that beat the committees #2 who just took the committees #10 apart the week before. Not to mention that shine got put on the season, the Spiders would have beaten four ranked teams (at the time played, three of them away). I realize the Fordham loss is bad, but Yale might well end up second in the IVY with a win this weekend, and even if they lose they would not be considered that bad a loss.
Spiders might not make it in at 7-5, but they would certainly IMO get a hard look.
Let's just hope we all get the chance to sweat it out on selection day.
7-5 with a win in Harrisonburg would certainly put us on the bubble. There will be a lot of 7 win teams jockeying for those last few spots.

It's always fun to dream. I dream like this every time I buy a lottery ticket.

So Richmond’s fans on here are 50/50 on our chances Saturday. Love it! Doesn’t matter if we’re up against the New England Patriots, you can always BELIEVE!
i beleive if we beat yale or fordham , then jmu is not a must win, i hope 100 per cent we beat jmu , do i beleive it not really , but i will be happy to be wrong, if they carry any lesson into next year , i hope its that no game is a easy win , with playing and fbs team every year , and then playing madison , just no room for error , for those going saturday have a safe trip and hope to see you there

i beleive if we beat yale or fordham , then jmu is not a must win, i hope 100 per cent we beat jmu , do i beleive it not really , but i will be happy to be wrong, if they carry any lesson into next year , i hope its that no game is a easy win , with playing and fbs team every year , and then playing madison , just no room for error , for those going saturday have a safe trip and hope to see you there
Well, the irony is, a 7-5, 5-3 team without a signature win wouldn't have as good of a shot at a bid as a 7-5, 6-2 team with a win at the #2 team in the country. So, had we beaten Fordham, this might still be a "must-win." I don't think a bad loss in September hurts as much as a great win in November helps.

Had we taken care of business in both of those non-conference games, then yes I believe we'd only need to go 1-1.

Have you guys forgotten we got blown out at home by Elon? Believe me I hope we beat the dukes and we make the playoffs. The loss to Fordham, Yale and blown up at home by a 4-6 Elon make it very tough

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT