ADVERTISEMENT

Calling all Vets!

Flucospider

Star
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2008
Fluvanna
I don't care which side of the political aisle you are on, there is no reason to close open air monuments and harass veterans who are there to remember fellow soldiers and reunite with fellow veterans. I'm writing my representatives and asking them to open the war memorials and stop harassing veterans. I did not serve in WWII or Vietnam, but I can only imagine their outrage knowing how I feel.

Police Remove Vietnam War Veterans

Fluco, not a vet, but many family members are, and I fully support your thoughts.

unfortunately this guy represents the feelings of many Americans who have never sacrificed and don't understand what our war vets have done for us:

Just when you thought Bill Maher couldn't say anything more offensive than he already has, he outdoes himself. On HBO's Real Time Friday, the host during his opening monologue mocked World War II vets saying, "They're the greatest generation - nobody said they were the brightest generation"
[/B]
So it's not enough to close the war memorials, now some see fit to verbally attack WWII vets. disgusting!

yes, they are even making what is shut down political. just hope we are spending less money, that would be good though not that much is really shut down.

It's unfortunate that vets (or anyone else) can't go to their monuments, just as it's unfortunate that people being treated at NIH may not all be getting their treatments, just as it's unfortunate that families of soldiers aren't getting death benefits, and on and on and on. I don't necessarily place any one group that's being impacted ahead of any other in the pecking order for sympathy, but it's a shame that they're all suffering because a bunch of politicians are hellbent on making sure their side doesn't blink first.

This is politics at its finest (worst): Taking credit and assessing blame is infinitely more important to both sides than actually making concessions, finding common ground and solving problems, regardless of who gets credit.

This post was edited on 10/9 1:42 PM by Eight Legger

in bad times business cuts back on employees, expenditures, etc., individuals cut back on their expenditures, but our govt, already spending a TRILLION dollars per year more than they take in, cannot cut anything. this is pretty much a fake shut down but am all for it if the govt is actually spending less money, which needs to happen. of course out legislators, as usual, are exempt from having their pay stop, or having to participate in social security or obamacare, oh what a job they have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT