ADVERTISEMENT

Caden Diggs - 2024 Offer

I know nothing about this kid at all, but from those pics, I would deem him to be a helluva player. He just has that look.

Reactions: plydogg
Q&A with Diggs...likes the new Marquette offer and says Butler, UR, and Mason have been recruiting him the hardest. Hands off, MoJo!

Phenom: Who else has been really making a strong push your way?
Diggs: Butler, Richmond, and George Mason have been recruiting me hard as well.

Phenom: What stands out to you about those schools or what do you know about them?
Diggs: All have offered me so far except Butler. I was impressed with Richmond and the program they are establishing. They seem like they are up and coming in the high-major talk. George Mason is close to home and I am really familiar with Coach Simpkins. He was one of the first coaches to create a relationship with me before the summer, and I trust him. Butler seems very legit and I am interested a lot in Coach Matta. Their new staff there has a lot of experience and would love to visit sometime.

Phenom: Have you been able to make visits?
Diggs: I’ve visited Xavier, Virginia Tech, and Richmond.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Quick writeup on Diggs...

6'7" | SF | 2024 Bullis | New World

2024 wing/forward Caden Diggs looks as good as he ever from a physical standpoint. The 6-foot-7 transfer steps in and will take on a large primary role on both ends. Diggs is equipped with athleticism that can make for a fun watch in transition, but it was his approach in the half court that impressed me most yesterday. He looks more comfortable and confident putting the ball on the deck for 3-to-4 dribbles while attacking his man from the perimeter. He didn’t force shots and instead, had quite a few jumpers from the mid-range where he rose over his defender after stopping on a dime. His release looks smooth, he gets good rotation on the ball and his shots were hitting nothing but the net. This season, he’ll be expected to guard multiple positions and will be extremely valuable when facing teams who utilize ball-screens often thanks to his switchability. Diggs will unofficially visit George Mason this weekend and recently took an official visit to Richmond. More to come on the recruiting front in an individual write-up soon.

Diggs took advantage of the summer stage to help garner college offers and interest. We spoke on which programs are being most consistent with him. He visited George Mason unofficially over the weekend.

“I might take an official to Butler and Marquette, but I’m not sure yet. I took an official to Richmond, too. I love the program up there. Those four schools are really the schools who are on me hardest at this point.”

Reactions: spiderman
Diggs has been receving some more buzz lately demonstrated by the below tweets - Giper liked both of them, so I'm assuming we're still on him hard. He was just recently re-offered by Tony Skinn and the new staff at GMU.

This guy?

11790213563_fdabf22119_o.gif

247 Sports has placed a Crystal Ball for Diggs to Iowa. He took an OV there last month. In the below article, he mentions that we are the other school that has been recruiting him the hardest, but it looks like there's a good chance we'll come up short here. Iowa may be getting some revenge from 2022.

The Jayden Caden connection. I always liked to add the athletic 6’7 wings. Caden looks to have a little more guard skills. However I feel like the Jayden commit still realistically knocks us down here but we’ll see.

the could certainly play together. positional versatility with their size. sounds like Caden is more similar to Tanner as a long athletic shooter.

4 (?) spots to fill, and I think we're set at point. I'd like a 3rd big, but after that give me 3 guys like Jayden, Caden (and Noah).

the could certainly play together. positional versatility with their size. sounds like Caden is more similar to Tanner as a long athletic shooter.

4 (?) spots to fill, and I think we're set at point. I'd like a 3rd big, but after that give me 3 guys like Jayden, Caden (and Noah).

With Bryson onboard have to feel like we're out on Caden. and probably Noah. The committments might be related. Maybe we felt odds were slipping w them, or maybe it was open offers & some jumped. Recruiting tricky business. I would still take either of those 2 guys, they r both arguably "better"/higher ranked going by videos & offer sets. Not to take anything away from the guys we got, I like the looks of them. Just will be surprised if we get either of Caden and Noah now.

McGlothin, Diggs and Noah all seem to have similar skillsets as do-it-all wings.

Robinson is a little different while the same size. he just seems otherworldly athletically and we're not sure about the outside shot yet. seems more of a big forward type in our system.

but we don't have to go small at the 2 like we usually do just to find a guy who can shoot and handle ... if a 6'7" guy can shoot and handle as well. Diggs and Noah can play.

if they drop us because we landed two 6'7" guys like them, I get it.
but I wouldn't back off because we did. I'd love either.

Ooookay, two days before decision day, Diggs is now back to 100% open.

Did some digging on this, and apparently this is related to Isaiah Johnson-Arigu's recruitment by Iowa. Trilly Donovan and some others seems to suggest that Iowa may have backed off of Diggs when they realized they had a shot at Johnson-Arigu. Once Diggs realized they were prioritizing IJA, he reopened his recruitment. Very interesting look into the whirlwind of recruiting.

Article from the St. Joe's 24/7 guy after his visit. Turns out they were already heading to Bullis to watch another recruit the same day Diggs re-opened his recruitment. According to the article, we were not one of the schools who reached back out after he re-opened. No mention of us at all.

"George Mason, Santa Barbara, Loyola Chicago, Clemson have all reached out. The ones that are pushing the most are definitely St. Joe's, ODU, and Santa Barbara," he said.

Santa Barbara is a school that wasn't on his initial cut list of six, but in his words, is pushing hard. Then there's Mason, Loyola Chicago, and Clemson lurking as well.

Reactions: SFspidur
Diggs just committed to ODU. Went from Iowa crystal ball to Norfolk in 4 months.

Good get for ODU though, hopefully he can be impactful for them. I've always respected them as tougher than usual an in-state opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: SFspidur
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT