ADVERTISEMENT

Burton in A10 Tourament

UR80sfan

Star
Jan 28, 2018
Burton is a little like Gilly in that he adds value in many ways and wasn't mentioned as much as some of his fellow players after the tournament, probably because his point total were down a little, along with his shooting percent from the field. With that said he had one of the highest +/- figures on the team. He really stepped in up on the boards averaging 9.75 per game. His driving to the basket was effective in breaking other teams rallies and getting to the line where he was 24 for 30 or 87%. Finally, I believe he had 2 3 point plays right before Grace's game winning play. He will be a big contributor in our win over Iowa.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Those two three point plays were absolutely huge, we had nothing going on offense. He is so talented, yet can be so raw - he had two airballs mixed in with those and 1's as well. But his rebounding and ability to finish and get that pull up jumper from 15 feet have been big. I think it was mentioned on another thread that he said he was playing two more years here? Keep developing. Get a little tighter with the handle and lateral movement and skys the limit.

Those two three point plays were absolutely huge, we had nothing going on offense. He is so talented, yet can be so raw - he had two airballs mixed in with those and 1's as well. But his rebounding and ability to finish and get that pull up jumper from 15 feet have been big. I think it was mentioned on another thread that he said he was playing two more years here? Keep developing. Get a little tighter with the handle and lateral movement and skys the limit.
The last airball actually was an intentional pass off the Davidson dude and out of bounds. He knew they wouldn't see it coming and then we could reset with an inbounds pass. Very smart!

ADVERTISEMENT