Biden, Ukraine, and Russia

KE Spider

Team Manager
Mar 8, 2010
On the anniversary of Germany's entry into Czechoslovakia in 1938, Ukraine has surrounded 5000 Russian troops in Lyman.
Ukrainian forces have entered Stavky, a village neighboring Lyman, according to Serhii Cherevatyi, the military spokesperson for the eastern grouping of Ukrainian forces.

“The Russian group in the area of Lyman is surrounded. The settlements of Yampil, Novoselivka, Shandryholove, Drobysheve, and Stavky are liberated. Stabilization measures are ongoing there,” Cherevatyi said in a televised press conference on Saturday."

NO retreat from Lyman at direct orders of Putin against recommendations of Russian General Staff. A mini Stalingrad. Obvious mid last week that Russians pull back or face serious risk of Lyman being cutoff. Ego over rational thought.

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
More threats of destruction of all of the Russian armies in Ukraine. This time from Petraeus.

"The US and its allies would destroy Russia’s troops and equipment in Ukraine – as well as sink its Black Sea fleet – if Russian president Vladimir Putin uses nuclear weapons in the country, former CIA director and retired four-star army general David Petraeus warned on Sunday."

AnnapSpider

Graduate Assistant
May 8, 2003
Annapolis, MD
More threats of destruction of all of the Russian armies in Ukraine. This time from Petraeus.

"The US and its allies would destroy Russia’s troops and equipment in Ukraine – as well as sink its Black Sea fleet – if Russian president Vladimir Putin uses nuclear weapons in the country, former CIA director and retired four-star army general David Petraeus warned on Sunday."

Wouldn’t that be ashame? LOL
The only concern I have is ”Stalin” waiting in the wings?

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
This guy has actionable Intel about upcoming attacks by the Ukrainians in Kherson, beginning on October 5.
Here is the map along with the link to his Telegram post. You can hit translate in Google. If this is true, he has disclosed a state secret. It might also be a deception. We will see if it accurate.

It starts off:
"❗️🇬🇧🇺🇦 The situation in the Nikolaevsko-Krivoy Rog direction
by the end of October 4, 2022."

Last edited:

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
President Mouth is at it again. This time he made a major announcement that the United States is facing nuclear Armageddon, because of its involvement in Ukraine. He made this Presidential announcement in front of a group of campaign contributors. Democratic donors are more worthy of this assessment than the American people. He succeeded mainly in demonstrating his own anxiety, which isn’t the right message to send Vladimir Putin or the American people.

Last edited:

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
If Biden really does fear a nuclear escalation, he owes more of an explanation to the American people than cocktail-party doomsday chatter. He needs to marshal support in Congress and around the world to do everything possible to deter Mr. Putin. A crucial part of deterrence in a democracy is preparing the public for the challenges it might confront. Instead his comments have needlessly frightened Americans and emboldened Russia.

AnnapSpider

Graduate Assistant
May 8, 2003
Annapolis, MD
If Biden really does fear a nuclear escalation, he owes more of an explanation to the American people than cocktail-party doomsday chatter. He needs to marshal support in Congress and around the world to do everything possible to deter Mr. Putin. A crucial part of deterrence in a democracy is preparing the public for the challenges it might confront. Instead his comments have needlessly frightened Americans and emboldened Russia.
His people are trying to dial it back as fast as they can. Biden is an Idiot trying to deal with a person that despite
the fact that he is evil, has managed to become the dictator of Russia. That was not done by an idiot.

Reactions: Gallipoli

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
This milblogger discussed a New Yorker article about Biden's strategy in Ukraine. Personally, I believe they overestimate Joe Biden, but they are right in that he is afraid of Putin.

The main conclusion from what I read: the United States was really afraid and is afraid of the escalation of the conflict in Ukraine. Experts in Washington calculated that large-scale assistance to Kyiv with all types of weapons at once could lead to tough Russian responses, so it was decided to help Ukraine gradually. “In this scenario, Russia was a frog, and we slowly boiled water, and Russia got used to it,” one US official summed up the tactic.

Last edited:

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
Putin is as stupid as Hitler. Putin has issued another no retreat order for his forces- this time in Kherson, which the Ukrainians are about to storm. The Russian rats are leaving the sinking ship.

Ukrainian officials, videos on social media and accounts from Ukrainian activists who have spoken to residents offered a glimpse of the chaotic situation on the ground in Kherson: Merchants are refusing to be paid in Russian currency, government offices have been emptied of essential equipment and civilians have been told by proxy officials loyal to the Kremlin to take “documents, money, valuables and clothes” and flee the city....

Moscow’s forces and local proxies are engaged in “intense pillaging,” stealing “everything with archaeological and historical significance....

Accounts from Ukrainian officials and activists suggested the occupation administration was in disarray and the humanitarian situation was growing dire. ...

Its loss [of Kherson] would be a severe military and symbolic blow for Mr. Putin, who has rejected requests from his commanders on the ground that they be allowed to retreat from the city.

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
This guy has said they are only withdrawing from Kherson, if the Ukrainians capture a local dam. It sounds like they are afraid the Ukrainians are going to get it.

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
Here is some indication of the change in the disposition of Russian nuclear weapons. They use a special train to transport nukes. Although I would guess this is another one of Putin's bluffs.

The NY Times is reporting that Russian generals have discussed the use of nukes in Ukraine. Every time one of our guys says the Russians have not changed the disposition of their nuclear weapons, I think of MacBeth- "Methinks he doth protest too much."

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
World leaders gathering at the G20 summit in Bali are attempting to diffuse a potential escalation in the months-long Ukraine war after a Russian-made missile struck NATO-member Poland killing two people.

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
A photograph taken at the blast site of the suspected Russian missile attack in Poland shows a cavernous crater left by the deadly explosion.

The image shows a mangled farm vehicle on the edge of a hole which is at least six-feet deep and around 20-feet wide,

Last edited:

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
IMHO, the US is trying to push a narrative that the Ukrainians fired the missile that killed two people in Poland. With all due respect, Joe Biden is taking the side of Russia. Joe Biden is afraid of upsetting the Russians. First, the US says it came from Russia. Then, they say it came from an S-300 fired by Ukraine. The S300 does not make a blast crater 20 feet wide by 12 feet deep. On this one, I do not trust our government.

"Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky said he was certain that an explosion that killed two people in Poland was not caused by a Ukrainian missile.

“I have no doubt that it was not our missile,” Mr Zelensky told the Ukrainian media.

He said he believed Tuesday's explosion was caused by a Russian missile, adding that he based his conclusions on reports from Ukraine's military which he “cannot but trust”. "

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
G, are you good with the QOP cutting off aid to Ukraine?
No. Your hypocrisy is rich. The same way I am not good with 70 members of the progressive caucus signing a letter calling for an end to Ukraine support. Let's not forget Biden practices appeasement. We are in this mess because Biden and Obama gutted our military. Obama appeased Putin in 2014, after Russia invaded Crimea. Biden cut and ran from Afghanistan and said he was OK with a minor incursion by Russia.

The democrats only support the Ukraine as long as they control the White House..

Dec 31, 2021
I am uncertain as to your charge of hypocrisy. There is no negotiating with this Rascist government. I have no love for Russia after living so much of my life under the pall of the threatening communist country. I am in favor of the world supplying Ukraine with most weapons for the defense of their country. I have no problem with the Ukrainians sending all the Rascist orcs home in boxes.

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
I am uncertain as to your charge of hypocrisy. There is no negotiating with this Rascist government. I have no love for Russia after living so much of my life under the pall of the threatening communist country. I am in favor of the world supplying Ukraine with most weapons for the defense of their country. I have no problem with the Ukrainians sending all the Rascist orcs home in boxes.
Which weapons? Abrams tanks, F-16's, long range NTACEMS, and missile defenses?

Latest posts