ADVERTISEMENT

Beat Davidson

I was about to rip the tv off the wall.

You can’t call a timeout in the air, and then once he landed he traveled (can’t call a timeout while traveling), and then he fell out of bounds (can’t call a timeout while falling out of bounds).

There is absolutely no way they should’ve been given that timeout at half court.
I was frustrated with the timeout, but their coach right there on the sideline near the catch was probably calling timeout as soon as he caught it, before the travel or step out of bounds.
coaches can call time out in the last 2 minutes of a game since 2019.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
Yes, announcer said player cannot call timeout to avoid going out of bounds, but a coach can. Which is a dumb rule. I get the coach has ability to call timeouts as sman points out, but this TO was granted apparently on the first two steps while battling his teammate for the ball, and prior to the third step which was a travel. It reminds me of the old football call, need to make a football play for possession. Taking three steps and fourth one out of bounds not a basketball play, but guess that is not the rule. Poor Mrs. Mooney probably almost passed out on that one.

Reactions: gcarter52
The one with the grey hair was absolutely abysmal
That guy was irritating as hell and looked confused, I think he might have been McKillop's cousin. I know a lot of folks on this board have some grey hair (self included :)) but that guy needs to retire. I am ok with us old people prescribing meds, doing surgery and operating heavy equipment near busy roads - but reffing important basketball games goes too far in my book.

A couple of my thoughts/highlights from the weekend:

Over 4 days we were 62/83 from the free throw line (75%), with many coming in late game/high pressure situations. Especially loved seeing Nate come back from the 1 for 6 against URI to go 8 for 10 the rest of the tournament. Plus, the 20+ free throw attempts per game reflects the aggressiveness we attacked the rim with.

Goose may never get the full credit he deserves since he doesn't score or even look to score much. But his D this weekend was memorable and I especially loved seeing him help hold Davidson's 3 big shooters to a combined 5 of 20 yesterday, culminating in his tight D on Jones' miss at the buzzer (without fouling).

Connor coming in cold and knocking down 2 free throws, Grace's big buckets, Isaiah with the huge 3 -- there were just so many contributions from all over the place that made this run possible. Of course the starters were huge too. Just an amazing run and accomplishment and it feels so good to watch March basketball that matters again.

I was about to rip the tv off the wall.

You can’t call a timeout in the air, and then once he landed he traveled (can’t call a timeout while traveling), and then he fell out of bounds (can’t call a timeout while falling out of bounds).

There is absolutely no way they should’ve been given that timeout at half court.
1000 times yes. This was atrocious.

They addressed it somewhat on the radio show tonight. With a bunch of hypotheticals, along the lines of "well, you could go out of bounds, or you could travel." Since it ended up not mattering, it was hilarious.:D

Someone above mentioned Cayo's FTs. He didn't fix them, but damn sure willed them in the basket the last two games. Really love his effort, he is going to need at least one more this week, but as we saw vs Kentucky last year, he doesn't shy away from the big teams. I think he can be an x factor in this game. The moment will not be too big for him.

Someone above mentioned Cayo's FTs. He didn't fix them, but damn sure willed them in the basket the last two games. Really love his effort, he is going to need at least one more this week, but as we saw vs Kentucky last year, he doesn't shy away from the big teams. I think he can be an x factor in this game. The moment will not be too big for him.
Good take, let’s hope so!

Not sure where to post this, but in the Mooney extension I said the following:

“Well guys, this tournament run has really changed the way I look at the program and the MoonMan

Breaking the 11 year drought…I think we have to extend Mooney another 2-3 seasons at least this offseason.”

Since the thread was locked before I could respond again just wanted to say I was joking. I wanted to see if I could get a rise out of EL, 97, or 23 on it and then pull the rug out. SpiderGuy responded saying he disagreed and I just wanted to say I too disagree…I’m not restarting this discussion. Just wanted to clarify my “stance” as a joke going into tourney.

The more I think back on this game the more I think how the actual hell did we win. If going into this game you would have told me that mennenga would have gone 4/4 from 3 and had 18 points while we only scored 64. I would have thought we would have been blown out. Guess it just goes to show how good defense we played on Lee and Jones.

Reactions: gcarter52
I'd extend him one year. We just paid him $15 million over 11 years to do this, but he never did. Now that he's done it, let's not make the same mistake twice.
Even though this will cost us another $15million and 10 years of being the A10 doormats, I was pretty damn happy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT