ADVERTISEMENT

Beat Davidson

spider23

Spider's Club
May 31, 2002
Dedmon Center USA
ruhoops.proboards.com
Great opportunity for the Spiders. Watched Davidson in person lose to a mediocre URI team. We should have beat Davidson at home. Key is defense. URI did not give Lee, Loyer and crew an inch, and it affected them. In our game we had them beat, almost, despite giving them multiple good looks from 3. Need Gilly, Goose to stay in their face and no easy 3s. And especially need Burton to stay in front of Lee and get a hand in his face on shots. Critical. If we can play tough d, this is a very beatable version of Davidson.

I think Golden or Grace can have their way with Brajkovich. This a match up where either has a distinct edge in athleticism, he is big but they can move him and get around him and get to spots for good looks. Luka is decent player but slowest guy I have seen all year. Mennenga is very athletic, just need to play good position on him and keep off the boards. Unlike other Dayton players not really skilled, no move package. Just keep between him and basket and we can neutralize him.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Goose needs to shut somebody down today, the way he's been doing lately. We normally shoot very well against Davidson, so I think the offensive chances will be there. Just have to slow them down enough to make it matter.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Prediction … Davidson is too fast, athletic, and skilled for the Spiders to even contend with them today. They are an NCAA team and should beat us handily. They have a better coach and will get and make open 3’s at will. If we keep them under 90 points we will be lucky.
Now go kick their ass Spiders and prove me wrong again.

Prediction … Davidson is too fast, athletic, and skilled for the Spiders to even contend with them today. They are an NCAA team and should beat us handily. They have a better coach and will get and make open 3’s at will. If we keep them under 90 points we will be lucky.
Now go kick their ass Spiders and prove me wrong You will eat Crowetoo!

Remember…Gus wasn’t full strength at that 1st match up. I like that he’s healthy and has been great as of late. Our 3pt def has been solid for the most part too…let’s go spiders ‼🕷🏀
Agreed and good point. That kid Jones made every 3 (8-9 from 3 including the winner) and they shot nearly 50% as a team in the first game. Let’s hope they either miss a few more shots or we play better d or both. If this happens, we have a real good chance today.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
The two positives for this game are that mentally the team should be in it because of the history of success against this opponent and the finesse style of play. This is as close as one gets to “pure basketball”. The downside is having played 3 games in a row and looking slow last game. Going to need to find a second wind.

Reactions: PalmTreeSpidUR
Agreed and good point. That kid Jones made every 3 (8-9 from 3 including the winner) and they shot nearly 50% as a team in the first game. Let’s hope they either miss a few more shots or we play better d or both. If this happens, we have a real good chance today.
offensively we have to keep pace and keep attacking the lane if we can and hit open 3s when we have them

Reactions: Long Island Spiders
The two positives for this game are that mentally the team should be in it because of the history of success against this opponent and the finesse style of play. This is as close as one gets to “pure basketball”. The downside is having played 3 games in a row and looking slow last game. Going to need to find a second wind.
They can rest tonight, NativeSpider. Adrenaline and youth should be enough to get their energy going today

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
@spider23 What's your take on the coaching matchup and what is needed for a win? :rolleyes:
Actually I think Mooney and the Spiders have done pretty well against Davidson in recent years. They play a finesse game too. If we play with the toughness shown in 2nd half last two games, I like our chances. Going to be most interested I will be in the selection show in years. No time for tired today.

The downside is having played 3 games in a row and looking slow last game. Going to need to find a second wind.
So true especially with Jacob playing 120 minutes so far and Tyler only out for a total of 10 minutes. The mind is at 10+ confidence level but sometimes the body just won't/can't do what the mind tells it. GO SPIDERS!

Quick poll. I’ve been traveling and couldn’t watch the game. Followed the scores on game tracker or the scroll line on ESPN. To avoid the jinx should I not watch the game today?

• Haha
Reactions: plydogg
So true especially with Jacob playing 120 minutes so far and Tyler only out for a total of 10 minutes. The mind is at 10+ confidence level but sometimes the body just won't/can't do what the mind tells it. GO SPIDERS!
The Spiders didnt look slow in the last 10 minutes thats for sure.
Key is not letting Davidson get hot right off the bat and if they Mooney better call a quick timeout. But we all know what the chances of him doing that are.

Menenga is a dirty player. That’s the second arm/elbow extension I’ve seen that was not called. Plus his smug, fake smirk.

Reactions: plydogg
Expecting davidson to find an open 3 after this timeout. Let’s prevent it and then go score a bucket for ourselves

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT