ADVERTISEMENT

At Dayton

Do you guys realize we were called for only 5 fouls in an away game with 10 full minutes of scrub time? Even our scrubs didn’t get any fouls. Only Quinn and Bigelow had any personal fouls. That is the epitome of not playing defense at all.
When you say our scrubs, I’m curious bc at one point we had TB, Zay, Dji, Marcus and Neal I believe around 6 mins.Then we replaced Neal and TB with Mike and Noyes. So who are the scrubs. It’s disrespectful to call our guys that and really other teams guys that too. Now if they are getting killed, critique that but calling D1 athletes scrubs is ridiculous. These kids are about 1% of all those who get Schollys and everyone on any team would give any of us the work. Also, bc you don’t foul doesn’t mean you aren’t playing D and just bc you are fouling same thing. Now our D has been bad last couple of games esp up top but simply fouling doesn’t mean you’re playing D. 🤷🏼‍♂️Jmo

Just my opinion that fouling doesn't mean you played great defense and not fouling doesn't mean you did not. Like you said, let's play great defense without fouling a lot.

Also, bc you don’t foul doesn’t mean you aren’t playing D and just bc you are fouling same thing. Now our D has been bad last couple of games esp up top but simply fouling doesn’t mean you’re playing D. 🤷🏼‍♂️Jmo

Preserving this historical moment of alignment 🤣🤣🤣

I agree our defense has not been good the last 2 games. I am not trying to twist anything, just my opinion that fouling doesn't mean you played great defense and not fouling doesn't mean you did not. Like you said, let's play great defense without fouling a lot.
One could suggest that we need to be more aggressive defensively which likely leads to a few more fouls.....or challenge the easy buckets....I recall one play where Dayton was going to the rim for a layup/dunk and Burton backed off without challenging....

Reactions: MrTbone
When you say our scrubs, I’m curious bc at one point we had TB, Zay, Dji, Marcus and Neal I believe around 6 mins.Then we replaced Neal and TB with Mike and Noyes. So who are the scrubs. It’s disrespectful to call our guys that and really other teams guys that too. Now if they are getting killed, critique that but calling D1 athletes scrubs is ridiculous. These kids are about 1% of all those who get Schollys and everyone on any team would give any of us the work. Also, bc you don’t foul doesn’t mean you aren’t playing D and just bc you are fouling same thing. Now our D has been bad last couple of games esp up top but simply fouling doesn’t mean you’re playing D. 🤷🏼‍♂️Jmo
86-60

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT