ADVERTISEMENT

3-year extension for Mooney

We would always be able to find an excellent coach if we had an opening.
agreed. the pool of great young coaches in lower leagues making less money than we pay is always there. I don't think not finding a good replacement was any part of the thought process. we kept Mooney because we felt he had the program headed in the right direction again.

agreed. the pool of great young coaches in lower leagues making less money than we pay is always there. I don't think not finding a good replacement was any part of the thought process. we kept Mooney because we felt he had the program headed in the right direction again.
AND - we didn't want to pay him millions to walk away and not coach, especially during a pandemic.

I'm going to yell over and over again until next March that we eliminated vcu and outperformed them. We haven't had a chance to do that in a long time if ever, so live it up and let's make it a regular thing!
I agree with you. It was great to see another one of our 5’7” guards beat the hell out of VCU. There is nothing better on earth than a quiet VCU fan.

anybody know he $ amount our nCAA trip will add to our coffers going forward?
About $339,000 per year for 6 years, but payable to conference not the school. Haven't researched how A10 splits the pay out. NCAA encourages equal distribution, but not mandated. Plus it is $339,000 per game played for 6 years and we played two so a double as I understand it.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
The a10 used to do a 75-25 split (school/conference), I believe, but not sure if it still does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT