ADVERTISEMENT

3 point shooting

Then he still plays. I think the only way he doesn't play much is if he can only shoot 3s and does not make a good percentage. But, I don't see him being a bad shooter this year. I would expect some other players to do some other things better than him. If he were better at shooting 3s and better at all the other things too, then he needs to be at a high major waiting to be a 1st round NBA pick. I would think we got him for his shooting, especially after our bad percentage from 3 last year, so I expect him to see the floor a lot because of his shooting.
No, I don't believe he will be a bad shooter either and def makes a threat from deep. I really don't know how much time he will get, I'm only sure about Tyler and Neals time. I'm hopeful in Djis time and we will prob see guys get different minutes during different games.

Reactions: spider23
They had a 5th Quarter just fyi...
Still irrelevant, and just wondering, do you get enjoyment out of knowing things but waiting to share, and then throwing out a few nuggets here and there? It sure seems that way. I know you probably can't and don't want to share certain things, but it seems like we get a lot of little nuggets here and there. Come on, give us the goods. 😀

Below are the number of three pointers made last season by each of our five likely starters for this season.

So a total of 100. Last year our five starters shot 23 + 0 + 57 + 16 + 94 for a total of 190.

We were not a good 3 point shooting team last year, and we need to find an additional 90 (more if you count whoever started before Gustavson) just to match what we did last year.

Given the importance of 3 point shooting in today's game, this seems very problematic to me. How are we going to either solve or overcome this?
I agree that W/L and points scored are NOT the primary focus of a good scrimmage. However, I suspect that you are on to something regarding the 55-point total. Could be a hint, your analysis may well indicate an area of concern.

IF 3-point shooting turns out to be a major problem, then of course, the door is flung wide open for more Roche, Crabtree, and maybe even Noyes.

** However, if you consistently score 1-more point that the opponent, total points scored becomes pretty much a moot point.

Reactions: urfan1
Still irrelevant, and just wondering, do you get enjoyment out of knowing things but waiting to share, and then throwing out a few nuggets here and there? It sure seems that way. I know you probably can't and don't want to share certain things, but it seems like we get a lot of little nuggets here and there. Come on, give us the goods. 😀
There are tons of things I don't share for obvious reasons and no I don't get enjoyment out of it...but I saw this come up so I decided to say something bc it is irrelevant nothing more nothing less.

Reactions: VT4700
not irrelevant to me. 5 quarters at 8 minutes makes sense. gets us to 40 minutes. I like the thought of resetting the clock each quarter. not looking to play from ahead or behind. just play.

at 40 minutes, we can correctly assume it was a little low scoring. but that's to be expected early, and especially against a tough P5 defensive team. I like that we held them in the 50s for 40 minutes.

I expect it was run like a normal game between the whistles. no situational stuff. just play five 8 minute quarters. I'm sure looking at different player combinations.

I kind of like, keeps me coming back for more. Not that I don't keep coming back already :):)

There are tons of things I don't share for obvious reasons and no I don't get enjoyment out of it...but I saw this come up so I decided to say something bc it is irrelevant nothing more nothing less.
I hear you and understand. I was kind of kidding.....kind of. Would be nice to get maybe a few more nuggets at a quicker pace. But, I get it. All good. 😀

Reactions: SpiderDad75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT