ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Richmond Spiders Football - Countdown - Delaware Blue Hens

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

this is one of the CAA games I will miss as both teams move on to their respective futures…after the historic W&M rivalry and the emotional JMU rivalry…the once powerful Blue Hens were my favorite game!

maybe this finale’ will have some of the Ward v. Flacco 2007, Lauletta and the Spiders versus Rooco’s Hens in 2017 or the drama of our remarkable 2022 win…there have been some very good memories versus the Blue Hens and some bitter ones too…

it's likely to be a very tough game for the Spiders…we’ve got Championship and FCS Playoff hopes…the Hens have nothing except the chance of finishing at the top of the CAA standings and blowing up the hopes of their opponents…Coach Carty believes he can keep his team motivated…

on Media Day Delaware was picked to finish 5th in the CAA…16 starters return from last season’s Playoff team... they include an All American and All CAA RB, their explosive QB and five offensive linemen…they averaged 31 points per game last season…their defense Portaled up adding five new faces…

Delaware could be the best squad Richmond faces this season…coming off of a bye week we’ll need to be ready to play our best to win this one…a win against a team likely to finish somewhere near the top of the CAA would bolster our Championship hopes and an FCS Playoff resume...

but I’m sure there’s nothing the Blue Hens would enjoy more than saying goodbye with a win at The Brick House!

Enjoy the Countdown!

Go Spiders!

Delaware 2023

Last edited:
I hate being left behind. We’re going to the Patriot League and in the past number of
years teams like Old Dominion, James Madison and now Delaware have gone in the
opposite direction.
I know the arguments from both sides- and I hate it anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT