ADVERTISEMENT

2023 schedule

Eight Legger

Spider's Club
May 27, 2003
Just me or does this seem very favorable for us next year? Michigan State and William and Mary will be the two tough ones, but after that...? I know we have some questions of course, but this doesn't look like a daunting slate.

Embarrassing if we miss the playoffs with that schedule. Only games to get excited about are the two EL mentions. Hopefully Hampton can return to their glory years and give us another rivalry game to look forward too.

Reactions: Eight Legger
With transfers as a roster wildcard it’s much more difficult to ‘know’ whether an opposing team is good,bad,mediocre.Especially at this stage.Our transfers certainly helped us get to the playoffs and finish 9-4.

URI as an away game will be tough.

Reactions: urfan1 and whampas
So, Homecoming either 10/28 or 11/11, I prefer the earlier date, better chance of nice weather.

this schedule looks a lot like the 2022 New Hampshire schedule against which the Wildcats ran up a 7-1 record...they did not play Delaware, or Villanova either...

I assume the CAA has to have some sort of scheduling formula...is it public, or a secret...I don't recall reading, or hearing anyone explain it...

Go Spiders!

I assume the CAA has to have some sort of scheduling formula...is it public, or a secret...I don't recall reading, or hearing anyone explain it...

New formula this year with the membership additions, but I have not seen complete details. W&M is obviously one of our permanent partners, not sure who the other one is.

"Under the league’s new scheduling format, each team is paired with two permanent partners that it faces every season. The other six conference opponents rotate through the schedule, ensuring that all teams meet each other at least once at home and on the road over an eight-year period. Limiting air travel to reduce costs was also a priority in the new scheduling model, with most teams not having more than one flight each season during conference play."

CAA Permanent Partners

UAlbany, Monmouth, Stony Brook
Delaware, Towson, Villanova
Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island
Hampton, Richmond, William & Mary
Campbell, Elon, North Carolina A&T

Playing at Stony and then playing at URI 3 weeks later.We should be booking those flights right now for discounts.If we go cheap with a bus ride on a Friday to northern Long Island(400 miles), we’ll lose.No way we’ll bus ride to Kingston,RI(500 miles)on a Friday.

With our declining fan base, the decline of the CAA and this schedule you could make the tickets free to the public and you wouldn't draw 5000 for a game. How does this help recruiting? The CAA is becoming a joke!

CAA Permanent Partners

UAlbany, Monmouth, Stony Brook
Delaware, Towson, Villanova
Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island
Hampton, Richmond, William & Mary
Campbell, Elon, North Carolina A&T
That's a very logical geographic breakdown and exactly what Teel suggested last summer.

I'm not sure I get the CAA's comment about the formula meaning every team would play every other team home and away at least every eight years. It should be every four years if your non-pod games are evenly distributed. 12 non-pod opponents home and away is 24 games, so six per year gets you through the cycle in four years.

Playing at Stony and then playing at URI 3 weeks later.We should be booking those flights right now for discounts.If we go cheap with a bus ride on a Friday to northern Long Island(400 miles), we’ll lose.No way we’ll bus ride to Kingston,RI(500 miles)on a Friday.
Agree with you.

And why do a have a sick feeling we will ride the bus.

Of course, they have to play the games, but a loss at Stony Brook could create a situation where wins vs Elon and W&M are a must if Spiders win the rest.

With the watered-down league, I can see 8-3 CAA teams not making it.

Hope I am wrong.

Hill is back for URI with his SEVENTH season of eligibility.

That's ridiculous. He's had ample opportunity to play college football at three different universities. At some point it becomes unfair when 25-year-olds are playing against 18-year-olds.

Reactions: urfan1
Schedule is one thing certainly that will contribute to how the year goes, but if we don't have a capable QB, it isn't going to matter.

2023 Morgan State Football Schedule

9/2 at Richmond
9/9 at Akron
9/16 vs Towson
9/23 vs UAlbany
9/30 at Yale
10/7 vs Stony Brook
10/21 vs North Carolina Central
10/28 at Norfolk State
11/4 vs Delaware State
11/11 at South Carolina State
11/18 at Howard