ADVERTISEMENT

2022 schedule

I say 9-2. This offense is gonna be extremely hard for anyone on our schedule to stop including uva. Uva doesn’t exactly have a good defense so if you’re a bettor take the over in week 1. Defense should still be solid so won’t be like last year where we were losing some low scoring games. Offense is the difference this year and I really think we can win the whole thing as crazy as that sounds. This will be kind of a one year wonder though, think LSU 2019.

Think this fall could be a lot of fun. Predict 8-3. As for the over/under in UR-UVA game, probably gonna to be in the 70’s with the way QB Armstrong can spin it.

Was looking at the roster and some stats from last year earlier and I have even more confidence in this team now. This defense gave up 20 points a game last year which is pretty solid but only scored I think 23 a game which is pretty bad. Imagine if we scored even 28 a game last year? Obviously we had some injuries last year but we upgraded like crazy on that side of the ball talent wise and play calling wise. We’re really deep at receiver, running back, and we’ve got a good one at QB now. This new coordinator is gonna stretch the field in the passing game and do so at a break neck pace. Scoring won’t be a problem this year and it will allow the defense to pin their ears back and play with even more confidence. I think statistically this will be the best offense in the history of Richmond football and every team on our schedule better look out. This is a national title contender and I love that we’re not getting much hype. Some of the best Richmond seasons have played out like this before.

Reactions: urfan1
New coach Tony Elliott inherits one of the ACC’s top quarterbacks (Brennan Armstrong) and receiving corps (Billy Kemp IV, Dontayvion Wicks, Keytaon Thompson and Lavel Davis). Armstrong led all Power 5 quarterbacks by averaging 427.3 total yards a game last fall, but Elliott and the new staff would like to take some of the pressure off their signal-caller by installing more balance with the run game and backs Ronnie Walker and Mike Hollins. However, Virginia lost all five starters up front and will be counting on a pair of FCS transfers (John Paul Flores and Mac Hollensteiner) to fill the voids at the tackle spots. Even though there are concerns up front, scoring points shouldn’t be a concern for Elliott. The other side of the ball remains an issue, however. Virginia struggled to generate pressure, allowed too many big plays and surrendered 34.3 points a contest and 6.8 yards per play in ACC matchups. This unit also ranked last in the conference versus the run.

Armstrong v Udinski should be a shootout. Worth the trip for everyone on this board who are not too far distance.

Looking forward to this game. Need Spiders to be there September 3. We are definitely capable of winning this game.

Armstrong v Udinski should be a shootout. Worth the trip for everyone on this board who are not too far distance.

Looking forward to this game. Need Spiders to be there September 3. We are definitely capable of winning this game.
It’s absolutely a winnable game for Richmond and surprised more people aren’t talking about this game as a potential FCS over fbs upset. Me being a tech fan I’ve seen this uva defense at work the past few years and they are God awful. Techs offense was terrible last year and still managed to gash this uva defense on the ground and do pretty much everything they wanted all game. From what I’ve seen talent wise this Richmond offense is better than techs offense so expect them to be able to score on uva. If the defense can hold uva to 30 or less then I think Richmond wins this. If you like points this will be your game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT