ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - William and Mary

This Tribe team has so much "fight" they were able to eliminate the ceremony of the post game awarding of the Capital Cup for the first time.

They are a good team but our coaching at the end of both halves and lack of halftime adjustments handed them the game. Pathetic.

Reactions: Eight Legger
They are a good team but our coaching at the end of both halves and lack of halftime adjustments handed them the game. Pathetic.
The end of the first half was really a huge disappointment. We never seemed to do anything to adjust to their d-line. I know others are impressed by Cosh but I’ve yet to see him recover when challenged. Hopefully he can prove me wrong. I’d really love for us to be able to hand the reigns over to an offensive coach.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Just so it’s not missed in all the frustration. The d-line impressed the heck out of me. Undermanned the whole year, those guys fought all game. Even after getting beat down at times today, they bounced back. Eldridge is a joy to watch. Louis brings so much to the table. This guys played their ass off.

Today William and Mary was better than us. I don't understand why that can't be acknowledged without blaming the Richmond coaching staff. The Tribe beat us in every meaningful statistical category. They made more big plays than we did. Give them credit. Maybe we'll meet again and get another shot.

The game is sold out. So that's 8700.

Wasn't that also the scheduled last regular-season game at City Stadium? There was no guarantee we'd get a home playoff game.
Correct. Think we got Elon then App State the following week in what was the coldest, wettest game I ever attended. Real shame the weather that weekend, attendance was only 7ish thousand people but have no doubt better weather draws close to sellout because of the App St - Richmond playoff matches from the past. I legit couldn't feel my legs walking back to my car. Still bitter at London as I feel he was too focused on his new job at UVA to put together a competent game plan that week. We should of lost to Elon the week before if I recall correctly as well.

Reactions: Mo 2.0
I have NEVER seen anything like what we did at the end of the first half, in any level of football, in a close game as important at this one. Just stunning and unbelievable. We had more than a minute left. It's not like we were at our own 2-yard-line. A horrific "decision" to play possum.

The end of the first half was really a huge disappointment. We never seemed to do anything to adjust to their d-line. I know others are impressed by Cosh but I’ve yet to see him recover when challenged. Hopefully he can prove me wrong. I’d really love for us to be able to hand the reigns over to an offensive
Today William and Mary was better than us. I don't understand why that can't be acknowledged without blaming the Richmond coaching staff. The Tribe beat us in every meaningful statistical category. They made more big plays than we did. Give them credit. Maybe we'll meet again and get another shot.
We didn’t finish in the red zone with a TD on the first few drives. It’s a reoccurring theme due to play calling. We score and go up 14-0 that’s a very different game. Was William and Mary good? Yes! Much better than us, no.

We didn’t finish in the red zone with a TD on the first few drives. It’s a reoccurring theme due to play calling. We score and go up 14-0 that’s a very different game. Was William and Mary good? Yes! Much better than us, no.
We finished one but a questionable penalty took it away. Agree, even at 10 up it changes things. IMO, it was the defense that hurt us the most.

I have NEVER seen anything like what we did at the end of the first half, in any level of football, in a close game as important at this one. Just stunning and unbelievable. We had more than a minute left. It's not like we were at our own 2-yard-line. A horrific "decision" to play possum.

That’s because Russ is a dud.

I laughed 3 years ago and said London couldn’t win squat at W&M. I stand corrected. Indians looked damn good today.

Things got chippy the last 6 mins, then Russ said on radio he didn’t like the way the Indians celebrated the victory. Not sure what else happened other than the lines shoving each other a bit.

Reactions: urfan1
Trash talking to the point where London realized it was bad enough that the best thing to do was to get his team off the field and into the locker room. Agree with Huesman. Teams are strong rivals 64-64-5 all time record but have not seen that before in this rivalry. No Capital Cup ceremony.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT